IGNORED

Indentifying Wiper Arms

MH77280Z

Guys, need help with the wiper arms.

Mine is a 77 280z and wiper arms i took off from that were #4 (#5 and #6 are zoomed). As you see they use some sort of clip that lock those pins when inserted. I cannot find replacement pin type wiper blades online.

Now #1 are these i bought on ebay did not realize i need the pin type. But luckily I had picked up #2/#3 from a 240z. So these ebay ones fit nicely on them.

I am sure the #4 is an OEM wiper arm as it says MADE IN JAPAN and most of my car has been stock which I have been restoring. So where to get these pin type blades? or should i shelf them and just use the ones i bought from ebay?

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Edited by MH77280Z
  • Like 1

Others will chime in on this as well. It is my understanding that the silver ones are the 240 style in what was known as the banjo wipers. With the two round arcs looking like banjo strings. 

The black set I think is the later 280 style and things were evolving through the years. 

I guess it would depend on how accurate you want the car to look for the year it is. 

I might still have some later styles one if you're interested. I have a bunch of the 240 style. 

On my older 240 style I just buy refills for the rubber blade part. not the whole assembly like the modern cars use. FWIW

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Guys I like the 240 wire style wipers more. The look thinner when installed as the wiper blade does not sit on the pin etc. which makes them look a bit thicker etc.

The lower ones in the picture are 240z arms. My question is one of the longer arms has a bit more inward bend which makes the wiper sit more parallel to the windshield. The smaller one which I am installing on the right side has a lesser bend but it makes the wiper sit a bit diagnal on the windshield. Is it expected or should I try getting another longer one from ebay for the right?

Wiper.jpg

5 hours ago, zKars said:

The stamp on the back of them has a number and a R or L for right or left. 

These are 55L on top and 55R on the bottom

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking at your pic your shorter arm has a more bend at the end than mine. I might have installed them not based on the stamp. But this is the only way to avoid being too high.