12/70 original spare tire - DOT 149 - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

12/70 original spare tire - DOT 149

Featured Replies

Here is mine, 1/71 240z.  Brigdestone Super Speed.  I was told this was a spare from a 1969? I have been offered 2k for it.  I have zero clue on what it actually is.  

unnamed (57).jpg

I probably should have sold it.  I actually had a lot of interest in it, maybe the white wall aspect?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

After seeing this post, I just checked my (12/70) Z’s spare also a Toyo Z-1. Didn’t realize I had a 53 year old tire.

image.jpeg

 

Edited by bluez
Duplicate

  • Author

Also, DOT 149.  Odd.  Also, someone looking for original tires could contact the two of us, the two BAT folks, and could purchase a matching set!

Not really planning on selling it..

Still looking for 2 correct wheels (11/70 or 12/70).

As a point of interest, thought I would add a picture of my NOS 11 - 70 spare tire.  Since my 1/71 series 1 car was delivered

new at the dealership with dish mags, I was fortunate to find a set of 11 - 70 wheels with their D hubcaps, and then this

11 - 70 spare.  I think these wheels dated 11/70 are dated close enough that they could have been original equipment on

my 1/71 car.

 

986AF833-A942-4212-8550-2A5848C2F987.jpeg

9C545573-1E68-495F-8EBA-AD0FAB956989.jpeg

B73E1997-E471-4418-88A2-116D83BE8568.jpeg

22 hours ago, AZ-240z said:

As a point of interest, thought I would add a picture of my NOS 11 - 70 spare tire.  Since my 1/71 series 1 car was delivered

new at the dealership with dish mags, I was fortunate to find a set of 11 - 70 wheels with their D hubcaps, and then this

11 - 70 spare.  I think these wheels dated 11/70 are dated close enough that they could have been original equipment on

my 1/71 car.

 

986AF833-A942-4212-8550-2A5848C2F987.jpeg

9C545573-1E68-495F-8EBA-AD0FAB956989.jpeg

B73E1997-E471-4418-88A2-116D83BE8568.jpeg

Interesting that I have a different tire then you and we both have 1/71s.  I was told Toyota was just using random parts they had laying around to fulfil orders, which is most likely why I have the whitewall version.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.