IGNORED

Smoke coming from head light switch

z8987

Everything is discussed in that first link I posted in #3.  The turn signal contacts get gummed up too.

Pictures of the switch internals would be much much better than dirty q-tips.  What's up with that?  I sure hope I don't start getting those e *a^ %r$ w#a&x ads again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zed Head said:

Everything is discussed in that first link I posted in #3.  The turn signal contacts get gummed up too.

Pictures of the switch internals would be much much better than dirty q-tips.  What's up with that?  I sure hope I don't start getting those e *a^ %r$ w#a&x ads again.

I thought it was interesting how much gunk came out of the switch.  That's all. adds ?  I'll check out #3.  Thank you. 

I thought it was interesting how much gunk came out of the switch.  That's all. adds ?  I'll check out #3.  Thank you. 

I cleaned all the switches. Still no blinkers. Flashers are working. On to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/15/2023 at 1:58 PM, Zed Head said:

You could check the switch for shorts to ground or shorts to other circuits.  If it checks out then the very small amperage of the relays probably won't bother it.  You can also check the downstream circuits for shorts also.

Which relay kits did you get?  Both the headlight circuits and the running lights can overheat.

This is the headlight relay kit i got:  https://www.thezstore.com/product/3861/headlight-relay-upgrade-harness-70-73-240z

I got that too. I removed the headlight relay because I noticed my blinker problems after I installed it. That of course wasn’t the problem but at least I was back to the original configuration

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got that too. I removed the headlight relay because I noticed my blinker problems after I installed it. That of course wasn’t the problem but at least I was back to the original configuration

I got this all squared away. Thanks for all the help. Plus a local z guy that’s on here helped me out. I put 75 miles on the car today and now I’m motivated again.

• Like 3

If you  are still having issues with the blinkers, The wiring goes through the hazard switch. 
You might want to clean that one too. Perhaps you already have [emoji16]

I did clean it. When I removed it, it fell apart. All I had to do is clean it and reassemble it. Thank you. Been driving the z with all the new electrical upgrades. I ordered the Alternator also

• Like 2