IGNORED

L28 Going in to the 240z - Missing Under Dash Parts

SunnyZ

Hi there,

I was referred here for answers from another forum. 

I purchased almost everything out of the engine bay of a 1976 280z with fuel injection. I see there are 4 plugs and 2 white wires before the firewall grommet. Research shows that 2 of them are for the Main relay and Fuel Pump Relay. Can these be replaced with an off the shelf relays?

And yes I looked at the FSM, admittingly I'm pretty horrible at wiring diagrams. Any help would be appreciated. 

Datsun 1976 Wiring Harness.jpg

Here's an old thread that talks about replacements.  Big picture though, you could just use the wiring diagram and power things up to get the EFI system working.  The combined relay is more complex than it needs to be.  In 1978 they split the two relays apart.  Were it mine, I'd power up the EFI system using the 1978 diagram, and use more modern methods for the fuel pump, like an inertia switch system.  Or, just use 1978 relays and a 1978 wiring diagram.

The two white wires in your picture are for diagnostics.  You can ignore them.  #1 is probably the ground wire.

Wow, that would have been a great replacement. Now going for $380 on ebay for the Bosh relay!

Any idea how 1 connects to the coil negative?

To confirm that relay would be for plugs 2 and 3?

4 is for fuel pump stuff? ie? There is a datsun junkyard a couple of hours from me and might be able to pull them. 

@Zed Head which chapter or page is that diagram from? I will attempt to trace it back. 

Thanks for all the quick answers!

Edited by SunnyZ