IGNORED

Machine work on SU for roller bearings

billgtp

Agreed. Neat project.

Kinda confused what he was doing in the first pic with the aluminum rod turned in the lathe, but maybe it'll all make sense to me later. The way he's clamping the part in the mill vise, that lathe work seems unnecessary? Like I said, maybe it'll all make sense later.

So what bearings is us putting in?

As he explained to me this is to fit  bore of carb so when he works on throttle shafts they are square with the carb throat. Butterfly and shaft will work smooth. He was a fabricator for cart race cars. Worked for electromotive, Dan Gurney, A J foyt knows a little more than I do. Also using 10mm length roller bearings for added support of throttle shaft instead of ball bearings.

• 6 months later...

His been real busy. He teaches race car engineering and they have been building a Mazda miata and a formula ford for scca racing. The formula ford is their own design from the frame up. Soon as he does the shaft bores and install bearings I will post some pictures

• Like 3