IGNORED

Hoarding Z Parts

inline6

I've got a lot of parts both used and NOS, but here are some that I don't seem to see all that often.

Its a pair of NOS E4102 Inspection Lids:

*63200-E4102 ASSY-LID BATTERY INSPECTION RH (from 05-72)

*63201-E4102 ASSY-LID BATTERY INSPECTION LH (from 05-72)

A little battered (they must have been on a shelf in the local dealer for the best part of 40 years before I got them) but intact and usable.

20230131_145706.jpg

20230131_145726.jpg

20230131_145716.jpg

20230131_145734.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 3

Nice to see parts like this. When I saw the 5'72 from date on your post it got me thinking about my 7/70 HLS30 that I am currently restoring for the second time.  During the first resto back in 1982 my body man suggested I replace the original on the RH side as it was warped. He said it would be cheaper to replace that fix, at $25 for the part he was right. So I had a look at my covers and sure enough the RH is the one from 5/72 on, p/n 63201-E4102, and my LH one is still the earlier used from  4/70 to 4/72, p/n 63201-E4100.

For those interested here is a picture showing the difference, The reinforcing doubler is much more robust on the later one.

20230202_055510.jpg

I find it strange that the North American parts book shows these as not interchangeable. Seems like they are.

image.png

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2023 at 9:55 PM, inline6 said:

I have this belief that, generally speaking, successful selling and buying should be getting easier, not more difficult.  If I had to source parts by dealing with local club members, or my local community, I am afraid it would cost me more and take me longer, and actually, I doubt I could source everything I need.  

It is apparent to me that the classifieds section of our forum is not a hot location to look for parts.  But why is that the case?  It seems to me that it has a couple of advantages over other options.  For example, there are no seller fees, which is like 12.9% of the sale price on eBay.  

Have noticed different scenarios:

For Z parts have had good luck finding them on EBay & Craigslist, not so much on forums.

For other cars e.g. Porsche, have found clubs and forum classified sales have tons of parts.

Seems like Z parts are more coveted..

A few more NOS parts from my 'stash' which - all things considered - are doing no good sitting in a dark corner of my storage garage. They need to find a home that wants and, ideally, really needs them...

First up, 90101-E8300 ASSY-PANEL TAIL GATE 01-71 up:

N4600 Tail Gate-1.jpg

N4600 Tail Gate-2.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

...and a pair of late 'Air Tube'/'Upper Chassis Reinforcement'/'Hood Ledge' panels:

64150-N4600 RH ASSY-REINFORCED HOOD LEDGE

640151-N4600 LH ASSY-REINFORCED HOOD LEDGE

N4600 Hood Ledge-1.jpg

N4600 Hood Ledge-2.jpg

N4600-Hood Ledge-3.jpg

N4600-Hood Ledge-4.jpg

All I can say is "Wow". You don't see those every day. The left one would be a good add to my car. Are you serious about possibly parting with them?

20230202_110044.jpg

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

All I can say is "Wow". You don't see those every day. The left one would be a good add to my car. Are you serious about possibly parting with them?

Yes, I think I should probably sell them. However, a few things to bear in mind; First, I don't really want to split the pair up and secondly I'm a long way from you. Shipping cost would be high, as these things are long.

Tomorrow I'll have a word with a freight broker I use to see if he can give me a rough quote on freight cost from UK to Canada. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Yes, I think I should probably sell them. However, a few things to bear in mind; First, I don't really want to split the pair up and secondly I'm a long way from you. Shipping cost would be high, as these things are long.

Tomorrow I'll have a word with a freight broker I use to see if he can give me a rough quote on freight cost from UK to Canada. Stay tuned.

Thanks and no rush. I definitely understand about keeping these as a pair and that shipping will not be insignificant. Feel free to PM me.

I am going check mine a little closer with a borescope plus do some poking with an awl to see if it's worth repairing them instead of replacing.