IGNORED

Vent tank hoses

Pomorza

Hello all

This afternoon I took the Z for a nice long drive, and realized quite quickly that everything smelled like fuel. Pulled over and checked both the fuel pump and the injectors for leaking and nothing. Whatever no harm, kept driving but the smell was still there. Finally got home and found that one of the vent hoses - the dreaded bent one - is kinked and leaking. Two questions. 1. Can this vent tank be removed? I know at one point there was a thread on how to do so but it seems to have disappeared. 2. Does anyone have any photos of what they have done? I have an 76 280z.

Thanks all
Jan

I am so glad that I don't have to deal with this.  The fuel vent tank is basically the difference between an early HLS30-U and an HLS30-UV.  What a great picture the first one is!  Notice that the vapor tank is metal - very rare.  My cars are HLS30-U versions with the vapor return going to a T fitting on the filler hose.  Kudos to all the information posted.

Edited by 26th-Z
  • Like 2