IGNORED

Percussive Maintenance

SteveJ

• SteveJ changed the title to Percussive Maintenance

Reminds me of the last page in a Cleaver Brooks (they made pressure vessels and other fabricate steel stuff) catalog. It had a number of tongue in cheek "standards".

One was, "Cut to suit, beat to fit, paint to match."

Also reminds me of an electronic engine controls class I was in during my apprenticeship. The instructor had a "road shock simulator", a two foot long piece of 1" wood dowel. Start the car, open the hood, and give various electronic devices a sharp whack. When you whack one, and the engine stumbles, dies or otherwise acts up, you've found the problem.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1

I used to work in a development lab for telecomm equipment.  We were the go-to folks whenever anyone had trouble with their monitors, test equipment, etc.  One guy in particular was quite good at getting failed equipment back up and running quickly.  His technique?  Smack it hard as you can with an open palm.  It worked way more often than not.

Thanks for a good laugh early in the morning.