IGNORED

FPR project - cheaper, more available (for a while anyway)

Zed Head

11 hours ago, HusseinHolland said:

Any chance you can overlay the 028 values? I have no idea if the curve is similar, even though the values greatly differ.

I couldn't dig up any data for the 028 on the web. Do you have temp/resistance points from the Volvo service manual for that sensor? 

The only reference I could find for that sensor in what I have here is that it was used on the Volvo 760. That's the only application data I could find.

760 02.82 - 04.86
V6 2.8L 
K-Jetronic (Lambda)Coolant Temp. Sensor    0 280 130 028    8/83>

8 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I couldn't dig up any data for the 028 on the web. Do you have temp/resistance points from the Volvo service manual for that sensor? 

The only reference I could find for that sensor in what I have here is that it was used on the Volvo 760. That's the only application data I could find.

760 02.82 - 04.86
V6 2.8L 
K-Jetronic (Lambda)Coolant Temp. Sensor    0 280 130 028    8/83>

I put the Volvo test values in my post above 😁

8500-11500 @ 68ºF 

770-1320 @ 176ºF

24 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

I saw those data points. I'm looking for more.

With the turn of the page, you maybe missed that clarification?

Apologies - I missed the clarification. Volvo only gives those two  points. I'll put the one I have in heated water with a thermometer & get some other measurements over the next day or so.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 10:12 AM, Captain Obvious said:

Here's an excerpt from an old Bosch catalog that indicates that the 280ZX (which is the same as the 280Z) uses the 0 280 130 023:
catalog excerpt.jpg

And here's a chart I derived from the resistance points found in the Z service manuals:
sensorchart.jpg

OK - so I already installed the one 028 sensor in the cooling system, so I searched through my Volvo manuals, and found the chart - the axis is reversed compared to yours. it's much more linear though

original_8ceb0ba3-3b45-44c6-aea0-351930481e90_PXL_20230907_232028586.jpg