IGNORED

- just got my '72.

eimkeith

21 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

You will need to use an electric fuel pump, as the ZX motor has no provision for a mechanical fuel pump.

Not if you might have a early zx engine-head.. like the N42.. it does have a provision for a mech. fuelpump.

As you can see here on the front of the engine side.. (On the right.) In the 280zx there are the 3 bolts that connect the powersteering pump.. behind the blue part is a big hole for the fuelpump 

IMG-20220429-WA0003.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:18 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Not if you might have a early zx engine-head.. like the N42.. it does have a provision for a mech. fuelpump.

As you can see here on the front of the engine side.. (On the right.) In the 280zx there are the 3 bolts that connect the powersteering pump.. behind the blue part is a big hole for the fuelpump 

Here in North America - 1975-1978  we had the 280Z.  From 1979-1983 we had the 280 ZX.  Because of our every more strict emissions control regulations over the years there were significant changes to the L28E's and L28ET's. The N42 head came on the 280Z, not on the 280ZX.

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/head.htm

http://zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/128combo.html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

The N42 head came on the 280Z, not on the 280ZX.

In the U.S.A. 👍

Over here in europe it did.. but not for a long time..   (I've got an early model s130120*** serial number and was delivered with a N42. Later on the 13 number/letter serialnumbers came in a s130. Mine has also no cat. or EGR. standard.)

Yes, i get what you mean, there were no N42's on the 280zx in the states, but over here there were! that's what makes all those sites only mentioning american spec's worthless for us euro's, there were different set up's on z cars.. but hey, i don't have to tell you that! 😉  

• Like 1