IGNORED

- just got my '72.

eimkeith

I briefly owned a JDM 2.0L 70 Fairlady in college (around '95) that I traded a Marine a motorcycle for.  I really loved it, but it ended up being beyond my abilities in terms of rust and foolishly let it go to the scrapyard - triple carbs, magnesium wheels, and everything.  I've lost many nights' sleep over that tragedy since then - particularly since I ended up in a  restoration career - so when I decided to call it quits with other folks' cars, I bought myself the most rust-free '72 Z I could find - to make amends for my past sins, I suppose.  🙂

I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum - I'm already learning tons of history and historical details, going very much down the rabbit hole, and will have MANY questions about my 240 as I touch up and renew some things that age has gotten the better of.  So, thanks in advance!

I'll grab some photos of it tomorrow at the shop for posterity and to start this off properly.  Stay tuned.

Edited by eimkeith
typo
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, eimkeith said:

I briefly owned a JDM 2.0L 70 Fairlady in college (around '95)

So that would be the 6 cyl. 2 liter engine with the E30 head? (Looks like the 2,4 ltr engine of the common 240z)  Or... are you talking about the 2 ltr (yamaha) twin cam engine ?? (also used in the Datsun fairlady 432?)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eimkeith said:

Stay tuned.

I will! I will!  I want to see those old pic's..!!!!

BTW, you chose a good example 240z for your new hobby, not my favourite color combination but hey it's your car!  (I did say it yesterday... don't like the red interior, but that's just my taste hahaha...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I will! I will!  I want to see those old pic's..!!!!

BTW, you chose a good example 240z for your new hobby, not my favourite color combination but hey it's your car!  (I did say it yesterday... don't like the red interior, but that's just my taste hahaha...

unfortunately, I don't have any college photos - it was a long time ago, and pre-smartphone, we didn't think to document everything we were doing back then.  🙂

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

So that would be the 6 cyl. 2 liter engine with the E30 head? (Looks like the 2,4 ltr engine of the common 240z)  Or... are you talking about the 2 ltr (yamaha) twin cam engine ?? (also used in the Datsun fairlady 432?)

E30 head - I did keep the JDM license plate and the emblems (really should have grabbed the mirrors and carbs too.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Or... are you talking about the 2 ltr (yamaha) twin cam engine ?? (also used in the Datsun fairlady 432?)

Nissan's S20 engine was nothing to do with Yamaha. It had Prince lineage.

The Fairlady Z 432 was a Nissan. There was no 'Datsun Fairlady 432'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1