IGNORED

Contents of SU Rebuild Kit

adivin

The round washers are used in the fuel lines in and the air out.. but..

I know that there are 2 DIFFERENT needle valves used in our HITACHI'S !! (not SU!!)  maybe someone can elaborate about these.. one is longer than the other and has to go in the front carb? or in rear? and where can i get those?

(I have a small problem with my 240z haha, i hit the carbs with a little hammer before i start it when it's not used for over a week or so.. i first gonna put in a new fuelpump.. (no..still no energy to do that..) I think it's also a fuelpressure problem that the carbs stay dry.. after that i will renew these valves when a new pump should not do the trick!) 

Btw.. i see 8 washers or is the last one rubber?  Those paper gaskets can be made out of paper you buy at the autopartsshop..

That's a pretty basic kit. EDIT: that's pretty much a float chamber rebuild kit. It won't get into the carb.

I would find a better one if I was going to rebuld mine. I used ztherapy's and got the instructional dvd free. Zcardepot has a good one too.

Here's a basic write up and video link that will show where what goes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/zcarguide.com/rebuilding-cleaning-datsun-240z-su-carburetors/%3famp=1

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

2 for fuel banjo inlet
1 for bowl air vent nipple
1 for bowl drain plug (later round tops only)
1 for needle valve
1 for damper stalk
1 for inside chamber to cushion piston end of travel

As for the last one... Not sure. On the four screw round tops, there might be a seal between the nozzle holder and the bottom of the main carb body? Don't remember for sure.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2022 at 5:58 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

I know that there are 2 DIFFERENT needle valves used in our HITACHI'S !! (not SU!!)  maybe someone can elaborate about these.. one is longer than the other and has to go in the front carb? or in rear? and where can i get those?

I thought this was a change and the early carbs had the same needle valves front and rear. Don't know if the change was implemented at the same time the carbs went from 4 to 3 screw. Of course I may be up in the night. 🤪

• Like 1

Yes. The change to the different length float valves coincided with the introduction of the 3-screw round tops. 

In other words... The earlier (70-71) four screw round tops used the same float valve in both carbs.
The later (72) three screw round tops used different lengths between front and rear.

• Like 1