IGNORED

Interested in side stripe kit for 280z any suggestions?

FresnoZ

Hi there, this is my first post on here.

Thinking about putting side stripe kit on my 77' 280z. Curious of anyone who has done this, where you purchased them, placement, and any tips.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

These are the closest to mine from 1972 I've seen. They have 280 ones too. I don't like the empty block look around "240" some of the others sale.

https://stripegarage.com/collections/datsun-240z-260z-280z

The others...

Side Stripe Kit, White, 75-78 280Z

Stripegarage.com...

datsun-nissan-240Z-triple-stripe-side-de

Mine from '72...

DSC00506.JPG

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

@siteunseen First of all, thanks for the response. Ya, I don't like the empty block one either. I  was curious if one or the other was period correct, thanks for clarifying that you had them on your 72'. I think I will go for these in white, think they should look good against the dark root beer color on my car. Thanks again!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FresnoZ said:

@siteunseen First of all, thanks for the response. Ya, I don't like the empty block one either. I  was curious if one or the other was period correct, thanks for clarifying that you had them on your 72'. I think I will go for these in white, think they should look good against the dark root beer color on my car. Thanks again!

I seem to remember there being a gold colored kit for the root beer colored cars.

• Like 1

@FresnoZ It looks like shipping to Fresno will be somewhere in the $15 range via USPS (unfortunately, I'm on the opposite coast).  A word of caution - these things could be 40+ years old, with 40+ year-old adhesive.  They still seem pliable and in good shape, though.  There is probably extra stripe material in each kit once you trim to fit, so it might be worth sizing what you need, trim off some of the extra, and do a test mount with the trimming on something similar to a car body to see how it sticks.

Send me your address, and I'll drop them in the mail.  Once you get them you can send me the actual shipping cost.

Edited by foosman
Add FresnoZ tag

1 hour ago, foosman said:

do a test mount with the trimming on something similar to a car body to see how it sticks.

I did a black sticker on a 300zxtt (sits under the spoiler on the rear) it was about 10 years old but sticked really good.. you clean the spot really good and put some soapy water on and put the sticker on there. The soapy water helps to place the sticker right on the right spot and then you take a plastic (bondo) tool to get the water from under it and let it dry.. it will stick very well even after a long time.

Let it dry for days, do not touch it! 

• Like 1