IGNORED

Dumb dumb dummy!

siteunseen

I've been having a hard time with my computer, slow to connect to czcc and everything else too.

I read about the newer routers and they reccomend a new one about every 5 years. Mine was bought in 2007! 

I "straight wired" it with some Cat 5 wire and RJ 45 connectors I had from Y2K roll out I was a part of. It went from 10 MBPS upload to 62. I pay for 50 MBPS from Comcast so it's like I have a new computer. Happy new years present to me the dummy. 

So I'll be back posting dumb stuff again, prepare yourselves. :love:

HAPPY NEW YEAR my best friends. Can't wait for ZCON 2022, right down the road in Birmingham, Alabama.

Roll Tide too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was reminiscing on past internet speed, 56K and Napster. I could que 100 songs before I left for work and 8 hours later I'd have maybe 50. LOL

I had an early Dell with the CDR drive that I could burn disc with. That was a lot of fun since nobody had them and they had to like my downloads. It went from the Statler Brothers to Danzing' "Mother". LOL

My first internet was '93 or '94 with  Web Tv through my television around the time Tivos came out.

2 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

It might be time for me to upgrade from Windows 98 since my Juno dial-up speed seems to be crawling on my 56K modem 😉

Man, Juno! What a throwback! I remember having a (free, which was kind of astonishing) Juno address for a while back in the mid 90s. Mostly so my parents couldn't see my inbox. Though in retrospect, they had no idea how any of it worked...

Not "The Prodigy" As ZH put in the Saturday Night Music thread. Just Prodigy the online service. I used it in the early 1990's. Since I worked for "the phone company" (Mountain Bell) in IT, I had internet access from the office. At home the best I could do was 56Kbps dialup.

20 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Here is something to stump any Millennial viewing this thread 😉

TRS80.jpg

Certainly not a Millennial, but I recognize it as the five piece version of my first computer which was a trusty TRS-80 dual drive like the one below.  Bonus points to the Millennial who knows what "TRS" meant without Googling it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 4.07.23 PM.png

Edited by psdenno