IGNORED

Trying to source 280Z tail lamp assembly

Yarb

17 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

So what would a set of Euro (280z) 260z tail lights cost me.

I almost feared that question would come up... What the .....  should i say..

On one hand i like to sell it.. but in these days it's very impossible to say the right price..  as i sayd i sold a set 240z and they are now for sale for 3500 dollar? or euro i don't know but prices are crazy.

First things first.. Yarb must say i don't want them.. then i can sell to others.. (as he was first to ask.)  Then i have to unpack them and make a lot of pics and make a price.. that can be between 1200-3000 euro? i simply don't know..  (these parts are part of my retirement money/income 🙂  as i'm a bit disabled since 1999 workaccident.. i have to make money out of what i got.. Also sell to the highest bidder..  I find this always difficult.

I also like you could look around on Ebay. but then again i know that plastic is very brittle in the states and these were here in a sellar/storage for many many years and are very good..  difficult to compare..

I looked around just now and saw this:

Tail Light Set for Datsun 260Z 280Z 1974-78 NOS – JDM CAR PARTS (jdm-car-parts.com)

Those are just the light units, mine are complete.. by the time i buy those i'm at 1500 euro easely.. (customs in europe are no picnic.)

I looked but can't find the trim of the rear lights noware.. (Really good ones)

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Okay...Cliff you’re right if I spent that much on taillights I’d be sleeping in the garage. My whole car cost less that 3000 Euros when I bought it. I guess I can be happy with my US spec red tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I’d be sleeping in the garage.

Oh.. so funny! ROFL    

Now i know again why i'm on my own... no missis to say it can't be my way.... That's also.. i think... why there are so much LAT relationships in the Netherlands.. (and a shortage of houses! :cry:

( I don't need to explane what LAT is? as it is a english abbreviation of: living apart together.. and yeah.. Dutch is full of english words.. and abbrev's ! )

I investigated (googled 😃) a bit and 45%  !!! of the Dutch population is single!  On 7,8 million households there are 3 million single households !!!   so.. i'm not alone! -_-

• Agree 2

Wow, now just arrange a flight to bangkok, Taiwan! [emoji185]   Does Fedex go there? 
I tried to look on that website for more parts/prices but i don't like the set up of the site..

We go to pretty much every major city in the world. We have a base in Hong Kong that services Asia.
That website hasn’t responded to my question yet. Might be an old posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Muzez said:

Dumb question, but isn't the orange light cover removeable where you could just replace that instead of the whole assembly? 

Yes, It's easy to remove with hot tap water. Just hold the assembly under the kitchen tap for a minute or so and the white glue will let go.

I have photos somewhere. Ill post them later.

I made my amber replacements 4 or 5 years ago and I think I have some of the first examples. They are not perfect, but if someone wants to try them you can have them. I just need to find them.

• Like 1