IGNORED

Battery Hold Down

Av8ferg

After my engine bay clean up and battery tray painting jobs I wanted to solve my battery hold down problem. I know the car was meant to have a MT24 battery but I’ve had originally bought a MT34 which is almost identical just about 1 in shorter. I didn’t have a stock hold down and knew it wouldn’t accommodate an MT34 anyway because of where it bolts to the firewall. I had been using a ghetto nylon strap but finally decided to fix this. I purchased a couple adjustable hold downs at my local parts store but they all didn’t work. I then looked on Amazon and found one that works perfectly. Check it out, it was only about $14. It doesn’t come with the fly nuts and hooked rods.

dfacf86bd89d3fbbeb4afe444cadcf53.jpg

Here’s the link:

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_pop?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=mnohtrortrswqny&orderId=111-3970410-8507432&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&returnUnitIndices=&returnUnitMappingId=&shipmentId=UHxzlCLhr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find!  I made my own for both of my Z's with Optima batteries which are about the same height as your battery.  I think I have about $20 in steel for both and for the most part, I only used basic tools, though I did have to put a few welds on them.  I even posted a dimensioned drawing on here 15 years or so ago.  

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

• Like 4