IGNORED

Door chrome- Window

Wally

On the driver side i put some strong adhesive to try and get it to stay down to where it should be. It wont. it pops back up

and you can see the line of black adhesive which makes it unattractive.

On the passenger side i have not put any adhesive (for comparison). You can see its not going all the way down and can see the 

silver window roller ball.

Thoughts on what to do?

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

The originals are curved to fit the door curvature, but the new ones aren’t. Yet. Without the correct curvature you will likely experience what you are seeing.

I have found the new ones are softer than the originals and will bend if you “help” them, but be careful not to cause any kinks. 

• Thanks 1

As @zKars said, the aftermarket door trims are not curved. If you are not successful at warping them into shape and still have the OE pieces, consider transferring the new  fuzzy strips to the OE trim. They can easily be attached with a series of pop rivets spaced about 3" apart. I went thru this entire process years ago, did not want to risk damage to new paint trying to force fit aftermarket trim.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, zKars said:

The originals are curved to fit the door curvature, but the new ones aren’t. Yet. Without the correct curvature you will likely experience what you are seeing.

I have found the new ones are softer than the originals and will bend if you “help” them, but be careful not to cause any kinks. 

How would you suggest bending them? Any special method or just brute force? I would buy a pair of OEM if i could find them but cant. Car didnt come with any on it when i purchased so cant 

do any refurb.