IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

Looks great!
I've racked my brain, "library", but cannot remember anyone say it was easy. ROFL
You pushed through and it definitely paid off. You might have a side gig?

Thanks Cliff, I’m trying to keep my motivation up and making progress helps tremendously. Next stop on the Z train is seat restoration. I have new covers already and new foam is on its way. After that it will be carpets and getting the headlights and taillights working. My goal is to register the car in April and start taking it on small local trips to work out any bugs. I’m holding off on rear suspension for awhile as I don’t want to start another long job. I have most of the parts but they need to be sandblasted and powder coated and I just want to drive it a bit first.
The company is very short pilots so for the time being I have a job. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The secret motivation is to get the car running before the Russians deploy an EMP off the eastern seaboard. The Z might be the only car that drives in my garage. [emoji3166]
If we’re gonna be in pre-Armageddon situation might as well look cool in the Z. [emoji1787]
All joking aside what’s happening in Ukraine is absolutely horrid. I worked on a NATO staff in Naples, Italy. I was on the team that drafted the NATO maritime operational plan to counter the Russians in the Black Sea and Baltic Sea. War can get out of control very easily. It just takes one mistake and you cannot control every soldier on the battlefield. We need to all hope and pray for good leadership. If anyone has questions about no-fly zones…fire away. A Navy Officer (the guy fired as the Commander of the Theodore Roosevelt Aircraft Carrier during a covid outbreak on his ship 2 years ago) and I designed the no fly zone over Libya. To defend a No-Fly Zone over Ukraine could lead to full on war with NATO. These are dangerous times and we need clear heads making non-political decisions about how to handle this aggression.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

You would have to switch over to a 240z points driven distributor & carbs to harden the car for a EMP John.  Maybe add them to your spare parts stash, lol.

Zup considers that a feature of his 73 as the as the increasing theft protection of the 4 speed ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You would have to switch over to a 240z points driven distributor & carbs to harden the car for a EMP John.  Maybe add them to your spare parts stash, LOL.
Zup considers that a feature of his 73 as the as the increasing theft protection of the 4 speed ...

Of course he did. He’s not an idiot, he’s a calculated killer.

• Like 1

You would have to switch over to a 240z points driven distributor & carbs to harden the car for a EMP John.  Maybe add them to your spare parts stash, LOL.

I have a set of SUs I sent to a member (won’t say his name, don’t think he’s ready to advertise). He’s refreshing them for me. He’s been busy but someday I’ll see them. I have 4 ECUs vacuum packed in mar bags as well at a an backup distributor.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I have 4 ECUs vacuum packed in mar bags

Are mar bags what i think that they are?? please explain?  What does M.A.R. stand for?

I for one.. i don't prepare anything in this world.. i don't want to live when those Worlds "leaders" are going to throw with the most feared projectiles.. your better of dead..

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Are mar bags what i think that they are?? please explain?  What does M.A.R. stand for?

I for one.. i don't prepare anything in this world.. i don't want to live when those Worlds "leaders" are going to throw with the most feared projectiles.. your better of dead..

I guess I had a typo.  I meant Mylar.  It is used to store everything from food to electronics.   It has very strong EMF blocking performance.   I have a bunch of these bags from my time in the military.  They were used to store sensitive circuit boards etc   I put the ECUs in there mainly to protect them from moisture and air.  Mylar is durable so they don’t tear easy and great for long term storage.  

image.jpg

Edited by Av8ferg
  • Thanks 1

Also, I don’t disagree with you except on one point.  I have a family and three kids who absolutely depend on me for everything.  My job as a father and husband is to always be standing on the wall looking out for threats to their safety and security.  In the almost 0% chance of a future dystopian world, if I’m alive I I will do what I can you minimize the impact to them.  
8E235FC8-A85E-47AD-92A7-3090AA554190.gif

Edited by Av8ferg
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1