IGNORED

Retro Belt Seat belts 240z

Wally

I am just now installing these i bought a while back. the instructions they came with are junk. I was able to determine where everything goes but i ahve 2 concerns. 

1. The retraction box goes behind the seat and through the floor pan. Isnt this a pretty weak spot. Did anyone reinfroce it? My pans are in great shape too and it still seems weak. 

2. In image 1 you see the bolt that attaches somewhere up in the area of image 2. Normally i would put a nut on something like this....not sure if that is even possile.

Has anyone else upgraded and solved these issues? thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Wally said:

I am just now installing these i bought a while back. the instructions they came with are junk. I was able to determine where everything goes but i ahve 2 concerns. 

1. The retraction box goes behind the seat and through the floor pan. Isnt this a pretty weak spot. Did anyone reinfroce it? My pans are in great shape too and it still seems weak. 

2. In image 1 you see the bolt that attaches somewhere up in the area of image 2. Normally i would put a nut on something like this....not sure if that is even possile.

Has anyone else upgraded and solved these issues? thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

The retractor mount area was reinforced when the cars were built.

At all three points where the belts anchor to the car the structures are reinforced, and a nut is welded in place to receive the anchor bolts.

By the way, the early 240Z      didn’t have retractable seat belts. There were three belts, a lap belt with the receiver that attached to the side of the transmission tunnel, a lap belt that anchored where the later cars had a retractor, and a shoulder belt that anchored above the quarter window. The shoulder belt hooked into the lap belt buckle on a pin.

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wally said:

Would this be correct? I dont have my trim on so i am not sure if something else is supposed to go in this hole or not....the bolt does fit though.

IMG_2413.jpg

Yep, that’s the spot. 

Like Steve said, a short spacer to keep the hardware from rubbing the trim panel is a good idea. I would suggest a piece of tubing that slips neatly over the bolt, long enough to get the hardware off of the panel. The hole in the panel needs to be slightly larger than the tubing, so the panel doesn’t get pinched in the stack up and broken.

• Like 1