IGNORED

240 series 1 su bowls

z8987

38 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

Some pictures would help out in this case, I think some of the float bowls do not have drain plugs. What does yours look like? On the dome of the SU carb are there 3 screws or 4 screws holding the dome down? 

This is the best I have tonight. I’ll get more pics tomorrow morning if necessary? 

50B0DAE7-6F6D-4F32-96D7-75EFD012D190.jpeg

This is bothering me. :rolleyes:

I don't see there's any way to put the bowls on wrong. He's got to be talking about the lids.? The front carb lids have longer ears that attach the floats. They did this to compensate for the fuel sloshing back on acceleration but that was the 3 screw domes @heyitsrama spoke of earlier.

Here's a pic I posted to show someone the different length valves. You'll see the mounting difference for the floats. Good luck figuring out your issue or non-issue I guess.

float distance.png

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:36 PM, z8987 said:

One problem he found was that I had put the bowls on the wrong carbs. Does this make sense?  

No.

You might inquire with your mechanic what his reasoning is for that statement.

13 hours ago, siteunseen said:

The shaft that flips the butterfly can only be on one side, right?

Yes.

If what the mechanic is referring to is not as  Cliff describes in his posts above regarding the float bowl lids, I haven't a clue as to what he's talking about.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:36 PM, z8987 said:

After I got my series 1 running,

So----how is it running? Any issues?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Zup said:

No.

You might inquire with your mechanic what his reasoning is for that statement.

Yes.

If what the mechanic is referring to is not as  Cliff describes in his posts above regarding the float bowl lids, I haven't a clue as to what he's talking about.

So----how is it running? Any issues?

It's running great. The brakes are a little squishy. But it runs like a top.