IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

5 minutes ago, Persimmon240 said:

Well yes, but you can still buy a new one from a Nissan dealership for a few thousand dollars over that. The salespeople possibly have the correct motivation to cut a deal on it too!

True, but you can only get the silver / black and probably automatic.    Only 50 of the white / red, and only 25 or less were 6 speed manual.  

59 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

...... and only 25 or less were 6 speed manual.  

What is wrong with the manufacturers these days? A sports car is supposed to have a manual transmission. The engineers and designers should have their man cards revoked.

• Like 1

As I understand it the heart of the whole "package" is that black was a non-standard color.  So it gets the code for black at the factory and a couple of other things and ta-daaahh, it's a Black Pearl.  This one doesn't have its original paint though so it's a cultured pearl now, I guess.  All it has is that paint code showing what once was.

"The Black Pearl 280Z was the first US-market Z-car offered by the factory in black (638). This example was repainted in its current black during previous ownership in the 2000s and features factory-style red and silver stripes, dual side mirrors, and a power antenna."

image.png

Thats a good question.  I suppose it depends if you could order the car in the 638 paint without the sports appearance package.  Red stripes, dual sport mirrors, louvers, and the alloy wheels.   My guess is the black ones were all built with the full black pearl treatment for north america.   

No one knows exactly how many were produced.

2 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Thats a good question.  I suppose it depends if you could order the car in the 638 paint without the sports appearance package.  Red stripes, dual sport mirrors, louvers, and the alloy wheels.   My guess is the black ones were all built with the full black pearl treatment for north america.   

No one knows exactly how many were produced.

Somebody's counting.  384?  Not sure why they put a log on top of the car.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2017488148479045/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

There's a guy planning to sell some of his Z collection, looks like he's already sold some.  Save your pennies.

https://bringatrailer.com/member/cmillermorris/

@Chrystal I have had this discussion with BAT a few times. They do not want to assume the liability. The story on this car is it was sold new in Sioux City, SD. The first owner purchase the car and kept it in his barn until the early 2000’s and it was sold to the second owner. The second owner was going thru a divorce and it was his “mid-life crisis” car. That is where the second owner repainted the car. The repaint is well done in my opinion. The car is 100% OEM(added dash cap). The only option the car is missing is the aluminum alloy wheels that were offered. As you can tell I added those. I do have the original wheels and hub caps mounted on new tires. I am the third owner of this car. The only reason I am selling it is because I am selling my house and I will not have room for all of my collection. Over the next few months you will see several of my cars on BAT.