Jump to content

IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection


Zed Head

Recommended Posts


$67,000.  A few thousand dollars for a fresh clear coat seems like a good investment if you're planning to sell.

The seller showed all of the matching numbers stuff but there was a lot that was not original.  Kind of blows up my "originality pays off" theory.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

$67,000.  A few thousand dollars for a fresh clear coat seems like a good investment if you're planning to sell.

The seller showed all of the matching numbers stuff but there was a lot that was not original.  Kind of blows up my "originality pays off" theory.  

 

I thought it was $54,500? DId I misread it? Still a very respectable car and not nearly as correct as some here...

@Zup

Never mind it must have updated or something. Almost 70k for a "lowly" 73'! Superb!!

Edited by Patcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

Wow - still trying to understand the $31K difference between this 73 - and the Silver 72 - 4 First Place Street Mod Awards, 3 2nd Place Street Mod awards.sold last month.

Sage that you are Carl, I remember many years ago you predicting the rise in Z values. All you pronounced has come true and appears to have more headroom ---not even a pandemic can dampen.

I agree the 72 that Jim Fredrick purchased was an excellent buy at $37K, but think it was cosmically meant to be----the story, history and the reunion of Dan's Zs at Z Mecca. Perfect closure.

But the difference is always about  a particular car, a particular day, a particular set of buyers that just happens as it happens and is what it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa 5-Speed Sells for $427,000!  

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-porsche-911s-soft-window-targa/

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_1614108897c0f88021bc92fb198A1058-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_16141087493ac0f88021bc198A0835-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_16141084112fbb6cc82e41198A0521-LowRes-scaled.jpg

1967_porsche_911s_soft_window_targa_1614108226bb6cc82e41198A0365-LowRes-scaled.jpg

Very nice. I've always liked that era for 911's. I have been fortunate to take a couple out on the road course at Pacific Raceways. Once in a street driven 911 Carerra, and once in a similar Carerra that was race prepped and ultimately became a competitor of mine in the ICSCC Production class. Fast cars, handle perfectly, comfortable to drive.

If I was rich I'd have these instead of Zs.

So the itemized refurb cost was $402,622.24, and it sold for $427,000, for a net of $24,377.76.

I guess that guy isn't getting rich building Porsches and selling them on BAT, eh? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Racer X said:

Very nice. I've always liked that era for 911's. I have been fortunate to take a couple out on the road course at Pacific Raceways. Once in a street driven 911 Carerra, and once in a similar Carerra that was race prepped and ultimately became a competitor of mine in the ICSCC Production class. Fast cars, handle perfectly, comfortable to drive.

If I was rich I'd have these instead of Zs.

So the itemized refurb cost was $402,622.24, and it sold for $427,000, for a net of $24,377.76.

I guess that guy isn't getting rich building Porsches and selling them on BAT, eh? 

I agree with you Racer X, that was a great era for the 911's.  As far as the auction is concerned, when you consider all of the time and effort involved in the restoration of this very rare 1967 Soft Window Porsche Targa 911, I agree $24k is peanuts. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

I agree with you Racer X, that was a great era for the 911's.  As far as the auction is concerned, when you consider all of the time and effort involved in the restoration of this very rare 1967 Soft Window Porsche Targa 911, I agree $24k is peanuts. 

You can call me Racer, Steve, ;)

For sure, the quality of the refurb should have commanded a much higher price, especially for a car like this. Considering all the labor involved, and the coordination and management of the build, the guy barely broke even, maybe even lost money.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.