IGNORED

Help finding a 240Z Electric Fuel Pump bracket

ollie

Hey all,

I'm looking to add an electric fuel pump to my 73 240Z and it never originally had one installed.  I have been in contact with a few vendors but no results as of yet so if someone has a lead on one, let me know?  

BTW my car is a 4/73 build and the electric fuel pump wasn't dealer retrofitted either.  

Thanks!

èhm...  a 240z has NEVER had a electric fuel pump (for as far i know) so... stay with a good mechanical one.  (NOT THAT AFTERMARKET JUNK!    sorry but people buy a mech.pump from nowhere and for 16 dollar and expect it to be a good new pump.. that will work for another 45 years  yeah right... makes me angry... sorry again..  you want junk you get junk.. a good new mech pump costs money.. i say around 150-280 dollar..)

èhm...  a 240z has NEVER had a electric fuel pump (for as far i know) so... stay with a good mechanical one.  (NOT THAT AFTERMARKET JUNK!    sorry but people buy a mech.pump from nowhere and for 16 dollar and expect it to be a good new pump.. that will work for another 45 years  yeah right... makes me angry... sorry again..  you want junk you get junk.. a good new mech pump costs money.. i say around 150-280 dollar..)

I agree with the don’t buy junk sentiment.

Are you sure they never had the electric fuel pump for the hotter markets to resolve vapour lock issues? Because it would seem strange that the holes exist in the chassis with captive nuts for the bracket to bolt into and the wiring is in the loom for it. [emoji848]

My favorite “in between the Nismo and Airtex” price point and functionality is the Facet FEP60SV or 477060E.

Same form factor as the Original and Nismo, internal easy to change filter too. 

The best price is actually from aircraftspruce.com or or .ca

21194E11-6EB6-4383-8C98-CF56090BB9E9.jpeg

Installed several for friends and myself, never had one fail. 

My two cents for the day

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, ollie said:

Thanks, I've followed his thread and am planning around it but with a nimso pump.  It seems these brackets are in short supply so I'm going to have one made up in the meantime.  

The holes on the Facet pump are 2” apart, and the two bolts that mount it to the frame are 60 mm apart. M6 captured nuts in the frame, M8 bolts to mount the pump to the plate. 

20 hours ago, AK260 said:

Are you sure they never had the electric fuel pump for the hotter markets to resolve vapour lock issues? Because it would seem strange that the holes exist in the chassis with captive nuts for the bracket to bolt into and the wiring is in the loom for it.

The holes exist .. maybe because the japanese fairlady or the 432Z had a elec. pump..  i don't know.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

The holes exist .. maybe because the japanese fairlady or the 432Z had a elec. pump..  i don't know.. 

S20-engined models (432 and 432-R) had an electric pump from the beginning of production in 1969, hence the mounting bracket captives being present in the crossmember on all contemporary S30 models. No mechanical pump on S20 engine.