IGNORED

1977 280z - weatherstrip kit

240zadmire

Mine suffered from the same problem and it looked like the paint underneath had a problem but it was the clear coat that had orange peeled.   You might try sanding with 3000 grit and then buffing before you go digging into the paint. Just my opinion...

9 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

Mine suffered from the same problem and it looked like the paint underneath had a problem but it was the clear coat that had orange peeled.   You might try sanding with 3000 grit and then buffing before you go digging into the paint. Just my opinion...

I screwed up.  Simply as that.   No excuses. ??   

14 hours ago, gwri8 said:

it looked like the paint underneath had a problem but it was the clear coat that had orange peeled.

Yup.. orange peel can easy be taken out by buffing.    These days, lots of cars have it.. (My 280zx go's to the painters for some buff work and a few dust particles, the paint is hardend now after 2-3 month's.)

@dutchzcarguy

at some point in far future, I’ll “buff” to the prime layer, lay base, metallic and clear coat.

for now, people from a far will say something like this, “what a cool car, but I hate the ugly bumper”.  As they approach close to the car, and start noticing few orange peel spot, they’ll say “what a paint job!  Must have done by an amateur, yada yada yada....” and they’ll tell everyone they know about my car... Possibly during thanksgiving dinner, they’ll bring my story to their table and might tell a joke too ?  I’ll be smile ear to ear.  I got free press!  Put a smile or a start conversation for somebody.  That’s right!  I’m comfortable in my own skins. Kakakaka

18 hours ago, 240zadmire said:

I did put a smile on you didn’t I?

You did it Again!!...  you put a smile on my face and i laughed out loud more than once, but telling my ....yada yada yada... no...  i'm (as i asume you don't know )home alone and at the moment more than disabled..  (at the moment a Hernia..  i could barely walk, now it's luckely a bit better.. )

Oh.. let it go.. the paintjob is not perfect, so what.. nothing is..   I drive a 300zxtt a very clean nice paint car, you'r scared to park it on a lot, scared it gets dented by a cardoor.. i got a 240z with... sorry but what we call here an american paintjob..  (the red paint is so thick layered it filled the rain edge  .. you know where the rain comes of the roof)  and i once backed it up into my garage.. a bit speedy... and i hit some rims with the side of the 240z... it's still visible!   I don't care because i know it needs a paintjob anyway.. i had more problems with the fact i scratched those rims! (red paint on them!

the 1st of july my 280zx got a Dutch MOT  (APK)  and i drove the fresh car/paintwork backup against a GoldWing!  My own one!  It has a very nice paintjob but now it has a little dent after 1 day!!  I let it go... i don't care  (grr.. i don't care i tell myself.... LET IT GO!!!  :angry:  )

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1