IGNORED

What car company is making the best cars?

jeffhop

What company is making the best cars?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What company is making the best cars?

• Nissan/Infiniti
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Subaru
    • Mitsubishi
    • BMW/Mini
    • Mercedes
    • Saab
    • Jaguar
    • Chevy/GMC/other major GM brand
    • Audi/VW/Porsche
    • Kia (lol)
    • Honda/Acura
    • Daimler Crysler
    • Ford/Lincon/mercury
    • Other (specify below

Originally posted by Caen Fred

I think that the best car I had was an Alfa 164 V6...

Interesting, my parents had one until about 6 years ago. Awesome car, just a pity about the cost of repairs here in aus :dead:

Putting aside the fact that both Honda and Mazda are in the game of producing 'whitegoods', both of these manufacturers get my vote. Why?

Honda. Started out making motorcycles so understood high performance and precision better and sooner than other Japanese manufacturers. They were the first (I'm pretty sure) to introduce variable valve timing (V-TEC) engines to the masses with their NS-X, a technology which is only more recently being adopted by other manufacturers

Mazda. Always an innovator. The only manufacturer to take rotary engine technology seriously and spend the time and $$ getting it into mainstream production. Also one of the first to bring production supercharging to mass produced cars with the Miller-cycle Eunos 800. After shaking off recent Ford-inspired design doldrums they are again producing interesting cars, eg RX-8.

Special mentions: Subaru (turbo AWD boxer engines), BMW ( generally performanced focused but should shoot the designer responsible for all of the Z3s and the latest 7 series).

Worst of the bunch: Toyota - proving that good Japanese design is usually accidental, their cars either look good and perform poorly or vice versa. Mercedes Benz - trying hard to make ordinary cars look like fat, heavy barges.

...sigh, I'll shut up now...

BMW has my vote. They make great engines (straight six) and their boxer style engines in their bikes are very unique. As 2many said they give great performance, styling, luxury, comfort, everything i can think of. Also BMW is the only company I know of that constantly beats cars with more horsepower that have the same weight rating. No joke the bmw 3 series constantly beats the higher hp competitors that weight the same.

AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE FILMS!!!!!!! check out star on season 1

www.bmwfilms.com

Who are you people?!?! I thought I knew you folks, but now.... I'm not so sure.

I'd buy a new Maxima over ANY sedan on the market. BMW?! BMW!!!!?? can anyone say ....... G35 coupe? SUV? have you stood next to a FX45 yet. WOW

Hello?

inexpensive sports car would still go to mazda. If I wanted the modern day 510.. would that be the WRX or the Mazda 6? If only we got a 2 door Lancer....

If I wanted I medium high end Sports car I'd be hard pressed between the Z or the ZO6.

Like always, the best for me isn't the best for ya !

How do you judge a car ? With a technological point of view I think Honda is giving the most tech for the buck and close BMW. Honda is always looking for new paths and BMW is refining known one beyond perfection.

BUT they are plain boring car to use !!!!

I had Civic and Accord, my In-law a 730D I have done a lot of Km in them and NOTHING, it's like taking a train... (except that they don't go on strike, and for a French it's priceless ROFL ROFL ).

But I want more, I want emotions and feelings and I must say that, with more work and sweat, my Alfa 33 was kicker than my brother's Golf and my Banana smile a lot bigger than his, and my 164 was a joy at every moment, it was music and not sound...

Today's car have too much GOOD things in them to make them fun, but they are better TOOLS to go from A to B.

And by the way, in a racing point of view, and if you think that rallying is the most challenging racing today... Peugeot or Citroën are the best ...

Originally posted by Victor Laury

I'd buy a new Maxima over ANY sedan on the market. BMW?! BMW!!!!?? can anyone say ....... G35 coupe? SUV? have you stood next to a FX45 yet. WOW

Maxima over a 540i??? Maxima over a M5 ???? MAXIMA OVER A M3!?!?!?!?

IMHO, the new maxima is nice but (sorry Nissan :cry: ) but if I had the money, then screw the maxima...I am gonna buy a BMW or other german vehicle. The M5 has got to be the finest sedan out there at the moment. And c'mon... SMG tranny???:love: That has to be the finnest transmission out there (can you say F1?) and it shifting gears for you in 2 hundreths of a seccond is just amazing. I do belive though, that the Designer of the 7series and the new Z4 should be shot as those are UGLY!!!:finger:. And no offence to you but I cant stand that FX45...when I first saw it I thought that AMC was making a comeback. ROFL

My dream garage would consist of a Fully restored 1970 240z with a L28 engine fully tuned out, a BMW M5, A R32 Nissan skyline GRT V-spec with full MINE'S spec engine, and a Range Rover.

My 0.2...

-Jeff

Ps: I KNOW I am gonna get flamed for this but it is simply my opinion that Nissans are great but a fine BMW would just be perfect for me!

Also, this is NOT a flame twards Victor...its simply my opinion. :classic: