IGNORED

What car company is making the best cars?

jeffhop

What company is making the best cars?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What company is making the best cars?

• Nissan/Infiniti
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Subaru
    • Mitsubishi
    • BMW/Mini
    • Mercedes
    • Saab
    • Jaguar
    • Chevy/GMC/other major GM brand
    • Audi/VW/Porsche
    • Kia (lol)
    • Honda/Acura
    • Daimler Crysler
    • Ford/Lincon/mercury
    • Other (specify below

I dont know why I suddenly thought of this but, what company do you all belive is making the best cars and why? (currently)

My vote is a tie between Subaru and Nissan. Subaru is making turbocharged cars with large hp and tq ratings (lately) and everysingle one of their cars are All Wheel Drive(:love:). Their cars also have great fit and finish and have very few problems and just beg to be modified :classic: and driven hard:classic: . I also vote nissan because they have taken the skill of engine sharing to a whole new level. Almost all their cars include the same engine tuned to different levels and also have great fit and finish. They also are a BLAST to drive and keep up very well.

-Jeff

If you are talking overall.. my money would be on BMW.

Fit, finish, styling, performance, comfort, and they hold their value better than most imports.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but if I had the money, I'd have an M3 or M5 as my daily driver. Luxury, style, and performance better than many so-called "true sports cars"......

I somewhat agree with 2manyZ's... if i had the money I would also be driving a M3 or M5. I mean I love Z's but those are true "drivers" cars. Luxury+ preformance+prestige= my dream car:love:

Whatdayamean what's got into me? I've always loved the M3's and M5's and some of the older BMW's.. just can't afford one.

I know what you are thinking, but there isn't a new Nissan that can compare IMO.

Doesn't mean I don't still love my old Datsuns....

My perfect garage would be one old 240, one 300ZXTT, one Roadster and an M3 for a daily driver.. oh, and a Dodge Ram to drive in the winter....:geek:

I agree with you on the new Zs, I have driven one and I do not care for them. However, if I had the money, I would buy every well maintained original (or close to it) 240 I could find. I don't care about prestige or any of that other stuff. I just care if it is fun to drive and I have never driven a "funner" car. :love:

I agree with thefastestz !!! ROFL

I have not voted because I found it way too hard, because in my mind NO ONE is making any decent cars right now.

For those who voted BMW, I laugh at you. BMW is going down the sink, and taking it's ill-inspired over-priced under-powered cars with it.

Granted I think the M3 is the best new car in the world, but every other model is beaten easily by something else.

In terms of the ultimate new car, it would have to be the Farboud GTS for my liking, fast, great styling and a fun drivers car. However if I was goign for a mass produced car, it would have to be something japanese, and seeing as Nissans new cars are not seeming to be built too well, it would have to be a toyota. BMWs are nice (we have a 3 series one) underpowered yes, but it will still clip along happily at 140km/h with bursts up to 160, only being slightly unstable, still very quiet at these speeds, bar the sunroof and radar detector chirping happily. This combined with good resale value and very comfy interior and great fuel economy makes it not a bad little package. But still overpriced to begin with, to buy an audi you are now buying a VW platform and paying for the audi badge, and the resale is not good, in the end its the dealer trade in or nearly give it away.

Still the farboud if we are talking dream cars.

http://www.farboud.com/farboud.htm

Wouldn't mind a porsche GT3 either, but don't like the idea of the clutch being designed to self destruct if you stuff up a downchange, rather the engine over-rev for a fraction of a second than a few grand in clutch disintegrate.

There is the story about japanese components ordered by an american car company, they ordered x million units, with only .4ppm defective being the acceptable rate, when the order arrived in the US, they had packed the defective units seperately, and were left wondering why the yanks would want dodgy merchandise.

I shall step off my soapbox and be flamed, but thats my 2c