IGNORED

Clutch fork throw

rcv

2 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Let me know if you need more measurements.

If you have an example of each collar on hand, then you should measure the distance from the leading edge of the TO bearing to the top of the ears. It’s the red dimension in my image, but I derived my numbers by counting pixels in the photos. If you can get the actual measurements with calipers and annotate them in a consolidated image, then you will be the only person in the known universe to have done so and you should make that image a sticky. 

8 hours ago, rcv said:

If you have an example of each collar on hand, then you should measure the distance from the leading edge of the TO bearing to the top of the ears. It’s the red dimension in my image, but I derived my numbers by counting pixels in the photos. If you can get the actual measurements with calipers and annotate them in a consolidated image, then you will be the only person in the known universe to have done so and you should make that image a sticky. 

I'll have to look into that. I haven't really sorted them all out. If I have all they styles I will make that effort. Thanks for the suggestion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Sailor Bob said:

Simplest solution

Did you happen to measure any height difference between your old pressure plate and your new one? I had tried the same simple solution, but the old plate had the same issue as the new.  I asked the PO but he didn't remember any clutch issues.  The car hadn't been driven in about 15 years so he wasn't too sure though.

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 6:27 AM, rcv said:

I finally pulled these out and cleaned them up a bit. Looks like I have all four with TOB's on them. The shortest ones bearing is a little different that the other three. I took measurements overall and to the ear. If anyone can suggest other measurements let me know ant I will update. 

TO Collar Measurments.png

TO Collar to Ear.png

• Like 1

Nice, those mostly line up with the measurements in my image (repasted below for reference).  The only one I can't really match up is the bottom-right in your image with the 46.84mm ear to TO measurement.  Do you happen to know what vehicles each of these originally came out of? It would be helpful to label them if so.  Also, one more measurement you could take would be from the top of the throwout bearing to the top of the collar.  I'm pretty sure this is a functionally useless measurement, but it's what's provided in all of the other collar images I've seen (e.g. https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/64212-clutch-fork-throw/?do=findComment&comment=602080&_rid=33357) and would help match your measurements to other images.  Thanks for doing the legwork here, I'm sure it will save someone a lot of headache down the road.

image.png.8352139bf1e1f3feb2bab22f7400d7a0.png

• 11 months later...
16 hours ago, S30VH45DE said:

Ever Figure it out?

I never figured out the root cause, but putting an extra 4mm of washers under the ball pivot worked great. I’ve been driving the car plenty like that, and haven’t had any issues… well no issues with the clutch at least 😀

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So I have a new issue with Cody's car

My clutch stack up is only 74mm with the current collar to the ears

20230806_151410_resized.jpg

20230806_152602_resized.jpg

I believe this is the measurement from the fingers to the flywheel. So about 44mm

Luk brand clutch kit

20230806_153145_resized.jpg

Now the throw out bearing fits down in to the clutch fingers some. So maybe it is installed backwards??

I thought I might have a smaller TOB collar but at this point I'm not sure.

Even if I have the smaller one, the difference over the 4 types looks to only be 10mm. That's not going to get me to 92mm??