IGNORED

Vintage Connections Kit for the 240Z

SteveJ

Or if you own or work on multiple Zs.

I did comment on the Facebook post to ask if they could make a list of what's in the kit. 

Of course, it doesn't have the dash harness to engine harness connectors for a 73.

• Like 1

Oh, I thought everyone knew about Vintage Connections. I've been using them for years - originally bought the kit and crimper and have been ordering ala-carte ever since. Great connectors! The have insulated bullet connectors, insulated spade connectors, and ring connectors as well. Quality parts, great service and they've always shipped promptly. I'm starting to sound like a commercial...  I've repaired many a harness using their parts and I've even built new dash harnesses and an engine harness.

I've been a loyal customer for many years, but they are under new ownership. One of the new products they came out with is a Yamaha connector. This 6-pin connector has the round pins found on the meters for a 260Z/280Z. @S30Driver used those on a car he was working on.

On 6/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, SteveJ said:

I just saw a link to this on Facebook: http://www.vintageconnections.com/Products/Detail/180?fbclid=IwAR0HVhjrJgKGzxMYHPycwJpWO9Ap0gIyhjS4IIK0YQlwjk7P7wnjk2GxvN0

It could be helpful to someone who needs to repair electrical connections in his/her Z.

Ooo, that's a nice kit, I wonder if they would make me up one for the 510.

20 hours ago, SteveJ said:

One of the new products they came out with is a Yamaha connector. This 6-pin connector has the round pins found on the meters for a 260Z/280Z. @S30Driver used those on a car he was working on.

Big thanks to Steve for putting me on to the kit with the male & female pins I needed to adapt the new Speedhut gauges to the stock dash harness 6 & 8 pin connectors.   They worked out well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Ooo, that's a nice kit, I wonder if they would make me up one for the 510.

It wouldn't hurt to reach out to them and ask. I know at least one of the guys working for them likes Z cars. Maybe the love is there for the 510. You may need to tell them which items you need and quantities. I usually order extra pins myself, just in case a crimp isn't as solid as I like.