IGNORED

Another 1972 240Z Vintage Z Program Car up for Auction on BaT

lonetreesteve

To the best of my knowledge, it sold with the stock wheels and hubcaps.  $105k represents an upward tick from a VZ that sold 6 months ago for $101k.  Wow. To think that ten years ago, these cars were in the $20k - $25k range.  There was a mention in the BAT discussion about a certain collector who has a number of these VZs.  They bantered around six cars, eight cars, or perhaps eleven cars in the collection.  I remember when that shuffle from one collector to another happened, about ten years ago. 

• Like 1

Doesn't seem particularly high to me. What am I missing? I got the impression a lot of the people tuning in to that auction were expecting much more. Covid effect?

You'd have a hard time getting a professional restoration to the same standard on a donor car, and that's without all the VZ kudos/baggage (delete to your taste) which should lift it above a like-for-like otherwise non-VZ example. Looked well bought to me. Lovely honest example of a VZ car.

Oh, and the self-certificating BAT "Collectors" are starting to look like they are outgrowing their pool. When 'LStepp4re' is being talked up as a "expert" (tee hee) you know its all getting a bit too incestuous...

• Like 1

Great to see Z cars bringing strong money. Lots of interest in the cars and market doesn't seem to have imploded with the Covid slowdown. Usual suspects from both sides of the pond getting into pissing matches, half the fun watching them bite each other's heads off!

12 minutes ago, SpeedRoo said:

Usual suspects from both sides of the pond getting into pissing matches, half the fun watching them bite each other's heads off!

You're an 'Lstepp4re' fan club member then? ? It must be you that's sending him all the DMs about "significant Z movements", LOL.

I didn't see any pond-crossing pissing match (what did I miss?) but I did witness Lstepp4re once again actively bidding up a car he had no intention of buying, attempting to control the narrative in the comments during the auction as well as threatening legal action against somebody (a fellow American) who simply disagreed with him. Bring-a-Trailer mods hit the delete button a few times and it was all swept neatly under the carpet.

Maybe I'm in the minority in being allergic to superannuated, arriviste blowhards and their fanbois?

• Like 4

On 6/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, 26th-Z said:

To the best of my knowledge, it sold with the stock wheels and hubcaps.  $105k represents an upward tick from a VZ that sold 6 months ago for $101k.  Wow. To think that ten years ago, these cars were in the $20k - $25k range.  There was a mention in the BAT discussion about a certain collector who has a number of these VZs.  They bantered around six cars, eight cars, or perhaps eleven cars in the collection.  I remember when that shuffle from one collector to another happened, about ten years ago. 

It would be interesting to find out where the 37 VZ cars are currently located, at least by country. I assume that most of them are located in the U.S., but I have heard that there are a few in Japan and in Europe. 

Edited by lonetreesteve
typo