IGNORED

Electro-phile Follies, Vol.2

ensys

Mr.Head:

Et tu, Brutus? Just when I thought you had a handle on something besides a knife.

Let me set you straight:

Not being possessed of a fragile ego, asking questions, seeking learned advice, or occasionally putting my foot in my mouth in the process, has never been a problem issue for me; it's how one learns. That is, until I started to do so around here, which is more akin to putting a target on your back..

By the same token, it never occurs to me that "gracious" is the correct response to ill-mannered behavior and hostile demeanor, in what is supposed to be a civil and non-judgmental conversation about cars. If one expects "thank you sir, may I have another" after none-too-subtle pokes in the eye, yer barkin' up the wrong tree.

You're right about one thing tho: My Bad for not better adjusting my presentations to suit the lower common denominator of this specific audience. So of course, I must take the blame for optimistically assuming an inappropriate level of reading skill, attention span, and comprehension, let alone any real desire to communicate that which does not enhance a web image or provoke a laff, especially at someone else's expense. And of course, in certain circles here, literacy earns extra penalty points.

But I'm learning...  much that has nothing to do with Zs. 

Edited by ensys

Mr.Head:

My, aren't you the helpful fellow. I can tell you I appreciate the effort, no matter how aspirational it may be. A clumsy attempt at cutesy sarcasm to be sure, but you have unknowingly added the icing on this half-baked cake of boorish behavior.

"why are you here?"

Exactly.  While the first post of this thread was quite specific about its purpose (help solve an electrical problem), by the fourth post, that train of thought had been switched to the siding of personality issues, so it's no wonder that you (and the others) have forgotten the point. I reckon it's that attention-span thing.

I know I'm tired of this lame excuse for repartee that has nothing to do with the electrical systems of a Z, a subject that can inspire more widespread interest than a dust-up by the kids on the playground.

Believe it or else, there are a respectable number of sincere enthusiasts that would like to know about wiring diagram issues beyond the kerfuffle over a mistake I acknowledged immediately. Still waiting in the wings are diagram issues that could effect the pursuit of problem solutions for 280Z owners.

After all, isn't that kind of information sharing the whole idea of this joint; or have hissy fits, cat fights, and ego-strutting become the forum's reason for existence.

Which do you think it should be, Mr.Mike?

And while I have your attention Sir, got any ideas about how I lost the ability to post an image in just 30-some days (with no changes in equipment or programs, and over three different platforms)?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Edited by ensys

1 hour ago, ensys said:

Which do you think it should be, Mr.Mike?

And while I have your attention Sir, got any ideas about how I lost the ability to post an image in just 30-some days (with no changes in equipment or programs, and over three different platforms)?

Our mission is simply to discuss anything Z-car related, in a supportive environment.  I apologize if any of our members have come across egocentric and it's my intent to stop this from happening.  I want all members to feel welcome and confident their posts will not be trolled.

As far as your images are concerned, you may want to send me a private message as there should be no reason for this to stop working.