IGNORED

Header question

Av8ferg

Hey, I’m on a work trip in Southern California and was searching the classifieds and stumbled on a set of headers for sale.  Guy wants $100.  He’s parting out his L28 for an engine swap.  They look stainless but might be coated, can’t really tell. 
Not sure if it’s a good deal and I really can’t tell what kind they are.  The look like either the Pacesetter or MSA 3-2.  They have two O2 sensor bungs too.  The add says N47/N42 engine setup but the pic  shows round ports to me and exhaust liners but maybe I’m not seeing it right, 
$100 seems like a decent deal since the MSA ones are $369.  BTW, was considering driving to MSA and picking up headers curbside and save on shipping if I didn’t get these used ones.   I called the store and the guy said he recommends the 3-2 headers.  His comment was 6-1 better for highway driving and 3-2 better for stop and go power?  He wasn’t helpful at all.  Also said exhaust portS were different on N47 and P79 heads (said something about diamonds shape).  I thought they were the same and he told me “No”. I think he’s wrong but I’m no expert.
Heres’s a pic of the headers for sale. 
Can anyone identify these headers and will they work on my P79 head? 
Thanks

AB811D51-DEAF-4779-80C1-51E7E841CB3F.jpeg

Thanks, I sent the guy a message and he said they’re round port.   Some photo investigation (shape of center flange) they appear to be pacesetter ceramic coated headers.  Pacesetter doesn’t sell SS only black or ceramic coated. 

you can see the flange is exactly the same. Different on the MSA, 

It comes with the Y pipe too.  For a $100 I don’t think I can beat it.  New ones are over $400.  If they suck Ill sell them.  

9E1AAD7A-6839-493B-BA8C-A944E61D7E8E.jpeg

C225F87B-FB68-4093-9167-35016E840365.jpeg

1A2D1419-A5D4-4115-9FF7-B40CEDA2D8F8.jpeg

Edited by Av8ferg
  • Like 1

Round port should work fine on a P79 head.  The P79 and the N47 both have exhaust liners that are smaller than the hole in the head casting.  It's the liner opening that needs to match and it's round.  The liners are designed to get really hot and burn off carbon and, maybe, excess fuel and oil.  Keeps the exhaust system, and the exhaust cleaner.

The first picture in this link shows the port.  You can see the liner in it.

http://xenonzcar.com/s130/Heads.html

image.png

• Like 1