IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

On 7/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, dhp123166 said:

What does a country do with citizens like this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/16/anti-mask-rallies-continue-in-us-amid-rising-coronavirus-cases-and-deaths/#4db470112246

Sadly, it seems the only thing that may teach them some humility is a newer and and deadlier virus...

I confess that the temptation to compare this group with Lemmings marching over a cliff is strong.

And I am EXTREMELY concerned about what's going on in Portland, and by reports, Washington DC.  This is too much like third world dictatorships where the black maria pulls up, the secret police jump out and grab people off the street, throw them in the van and...they disappear.  The only difference so far is that people are being released after being held and questioned with no legal process at all.  This is not acceptable.  

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:31 AM, Zed Head said:

Do you now of any that have per capita data?  (Edit - actually that document I linked to above has per capita data from the CDC.  They use it to define the "red zones".  But, apparently, the data will not be available to the public anymore.)  It's surprising, or not surprising considering how everything is sensationalized, that there isn't more focus on this way of viewing things.  100 cases per day in New Mexico is not the same as 100 cases per day in Florida.  Per capita data gives a person an idea of the odds of catching the virus.  Even better would be per capita by locale instead of state.  County or city.  All I really get from the graphs is that things are going the the right way or the wrong way, but no real idea of how bad things are.

Washington state has an interesting site that breaks things down by county.  If you know the area you can at least guess.  But still, you have to know where the bigger cities are.  But you can at least see where to hide within the state.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/NovelCoronavirusOutbreak2020COVID19/DataDashboard

image.png

Looking through the San Diego data, I was surprised by some of the numbers.  Very eye opening.  Not a single death for those 19 and under for all of San Diego county.  That's incredible.  86% of the deaths are of those 60 and older.

image.png

These politically motivated, inadequately trained (developing story) federal troops are too similar to Hitler's Brown Shirts in the late 1930s. Mercenaries (bullies) hired by the Head Narcissist to carry out the HIS wishes. If the bully tactics are going to start somewhere, there's a part of me that's glad it's in Portland. We can handle it. On the other hand, we know it's going to get worse before it gets better but we don't know how bad it's going to get. The next six months are going to be beastly. ✌️

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, motorman7 said:

Not a single death for those 19 and under for all of San Diego county.  That's incredible.  86% of the deaths are of those 60 and older.

Reminds me of how I've always thought it was odd that "surviving" an accident is all that's reported for shootings, car accidents, etc.  "She was shot in the face seven times.  She'll survive."  "He was burned over 60% of his body.  But he'll survive."

If you simplify things down to "surviving" then we don't really have anything to worry about.  Didn't die?  You'll be fine.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

These politically motivated, inadequately trained (developing story) federal troops are too similar to Hitler's Brown Shirts in the late 1930s. Mercenaries (bullies) hired by the Head Narcissist to carry out the HIS wishes. If the bully tactics are going to start somewhere, there's a part of me that's glad it's in Portland. We can handle it. On the other hand, we know it's going to get worse before it gets better but we don't know how bad it's going to get. The next six months are going to be beastly. ✌️

When I hear "deep state conspiracy" I think of those cats in Portland and now my opinion on armed individuals starting a militia has changed. That sort of over reach from the federal government scares me. "Granny get your gun"!

The Chris Wallace interview was very telling.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

When I hear "deep state conspiracy" I think of those cats in Portland and now my opinion on armed individuals starting a militia has changed. That sort of over reach from the federal government scares me. "Granny get your gun"!

The Chris Wallace interview was very telling.

You make an interesting point. This kind of governmental action is much too close to the kind of governmental "secret police" actions which conspiracy theorists use as their justification for being in "militias" and stockpiling firearms. But if those firearms came to the streets, it would be a bloody and brief conflict that the feds would not lose. This situation has the potential for terrible things to happen.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

He's sending federal troops to Democrat run cities! Not to help with covid-19 but to bully the elected officials. Oh crap, the election November 3rd is useless. He says he doesn't lose very often and doesn't take it well. He's lost every important battle he's been in as a civilian so he should take his losses in stride like bankruptcy. 

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

Looks like the three groups are in Portland too.  Working secretly apparently.  

Can you imagine being a young man or woman who joined one of these services when they were honorably run?  Now they have to attack fellow citizens and military veterans.  It's like Kent State.

https://komonews.com/news/local/navy-veteran-beaten-at-protest-says-he-was-enraged-to-see-federal-officers-in-portland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

• Like 2

At least clarity and a plan is coming soon...

Trump said he would resume his coronavirus briefings, likely starting tomorrow. Trump held daily briefings at the start of the coronavirus crisis, but the briefings attracted widespread criticism because of the president’s frequent false and misleading claims about the pandemic.

• Haha 1