IGNORED

240z automatic / shifting issues

Darko

Hello, 

I have 240z with 3 speed automatic transmission  and I cannot get it into the second gear, it skips the second gear and when it reaches speed for the third gear engages the third gear !

I decided to buy the overhaul kit and replaced all clutches and everything but still the same problem persists !

Maybe the problem could be with shift solenoid, there is one electrical solenoid and next to it is the vacuum one. 

If I get vacuum off it it loses the third gear and there is no electricity on the electrical solenoid when I measure it ! Should there be 12 volts on it when I start the engine 

Has anybody had issues with the second gear not engaging ?

I am from Bosnia and there are no parts or any of these vehicles 

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

I know very little about the 3 speeds but I would definitely looking at the solenoids.  Isn't there an FSM for the 3 speed somewhere?

Thank you for the  FSM !

If there is anyone who experienced the same issue , please chime in as any practical advice is welcome !

I've never opened up one of the 240z autos to be able to chime in with anything useful, but I have a 3 speed auto transmission you can have if you need any other parts or for testing purposes. I live in central texas, not sure where you're at though.

42 minutes ago, zeeboost said:

I've never opened up one of the 240z autos to be able to chime in with anything useful, but I have a 3 speed auto transmission you can have if you need any other parts or for testing purposes. I live in central texas, not sure where you're at though.

Thank you so much ! 

It is very kind of you ! I sent you pm

A bad or disconnected vacuum modulator will disrupt proper shifting. Remember a vacuum line has two ends as well as the hollow tube. I would first verify the vacuum hose, then replace the modulator before tearing into the AT again.

There is no internal electronics in the AT. The only wiring is a switch for the starter enable and for the backup lights.

• Like 3