I am restoring my 1971 240Z and  trying to locate the u-joints for the steering column upper and lower.  Need help on where to purchase/part number etc.?  Appreciate the help.

The universal joint in my car (s) are different than later steering shafts in that the later shafts have the joint "peened" in place rather than snap rings.  So have a real close look at what you are replacing.  Take measurements of the diameter and length to make sure.

I found success with a Kawasaki 300 ATV700 universal joint application by Motor Master.  $28 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GZRASO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

Originals still available,  GMBST1539. I paid $19 each for 4 delivered last year, kept 2 spare.

Roo

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, SpeedRoo said:

Originals still available,  GMBST1539. I paid $19 each for 4 delivered last year, kept 2 spare.

Roo

@SpeedRooWhere did you find originals?  Searching on that GMB part number, it pops up on some place called "PartSouq" and other international sites, not sure they're legit.

Suggest you just go to your local ATV/motorcycle shop and buy a pair of the Kawasaki u-joints.  They work fine.