IGNORED

Steer column u-joints

The universal joint in my car (s) are different than later steering shafts in that the later shafts have the joint "peened" in place rather than snap rings.  So have a real close look at what you are replacing.  Take measurements of the diameter and length to make sure.

I found success with a Kawasaki 300 ATV700 universal joint application by Motor Master.  $28 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GZRASO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_asin_title

On 1/19/2020 at 10:51 AM, SpeedRoo said:

Originals still available,  GMBST1539. I paid $19 each for 4 delivered last year, kept 2 spare.

Roo

@SpeedRooWhere did you find originals?  Searching on that GMB part number, it pops up on some place called "PartSouq" and other international sites, not sure they're legit.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I was searching around and found a 15mm x 39mm U-Joint on Amazon supposedly for a Land Rover. In the images they list the part number as AST-1539, and a quick google search makes it look like this is, in fact, a real thing.

AST-1539 is actually the manufacturer’s part number, the manufacturer being FEBEST. I think the Land Rover PN is QMN500230 (or LR071147 QMN500250 QMN500230).

711B359A-996A-4C81-B8DC-738596801DD4.png

Edited by Matthew Abate
  • Like 1