IGNORED

240z HHH (Hatch Hinge Handedness)

kenward1000

bought 71 240z 3 months ago.  the driver side hatch at hinge has always stood proud.  seller had no info, said it was like that when he bought it, always kept it garaged so he didn't worry about rain.

efforts to adjust (after searching forums) all failed.  removed that hinge, has a lot of bench grinder marks for some reason.  decided to replace both hinges, eBay @ $40/pair.

they arrived this morning and are symmetrically different, seems like they're made for specific sides of the car

does replacement hinge image 5356 show the correct orientation, driver side on the left?

thanks!

couldn't resist putting a TLA in the title

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5355.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Stood proud? That's funny. 

I can take a picture of my '72 and see where the wider mounts point, in or out.

You're holding the wider side in your picture. How does the passenger's side bolt up?

Here's a good shot. The wider goes out.

100_3064.JPG.90116c59778538a2326f4714965e8481.JPG.jpg

You stole my pic rascal! ROFL

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Check the welded metal tang on the hatch itself too. Some tear out and then are poorly repaired. 

Keep an eye on this too. I had to repair the hatch on the car I am currently working on

• Like 1