IGNORED

Engine cooling/smog delete questions...

ZCarFever

First of all, sorry to ask if the info is already posted somewhere but I can't seems to find the right answers...

Will start the fresh rebuilt engine tomorrow. While reassembling I have decided to delete the su’s heating. Then came the questions...

A ) To keep OEM,

B ) To plug 

C ) To leave open the following :

Photo 1 and Photo 2 : both sides of N36

Photo 3 : to balance tube

Photo 4 : on driver inner fender, connector from tank to ... 3 hoses

Photo 5 on balance tube, 1 underneath, 1 on top...

Thank you!!

20C7FB04-4AA8-49CE-B0D0-4AE2CE52A69D.jpeg

D2303343-7E71-4A7D-9BBF-6305F0B17059.jpeg

D99B7EBC-0866-45CB-96F5-25C40A0DD24D.jpeg

CDD20027-820E-4B37-877D-619AF0008BEA.jpeg

DD5E681A-AB77-4A3B-B7EB-625FE43075FB.jpeg

Edited by ZCarFever

I plugged mine but I live in a hot climate and it lives in a garage that never gets too cold.  Lessened the leak potential was my reason.  It had no effect that I've noticed, car runs great.

Plugged off the coolant line where it all starts on the passenger's side, then plugged the intake closest to the windshield, left the connecting tube in between the intakes, plugged the front intake closest to the radiator and finally the thermostat housing

Great car!!!  Your #4 pic is the Flow Guide Valve, it routes crankcase and fuel tank vapors into the air filter box for combustion.  Two ports face the engine, one port faces rear.  The lower of the two ports connects to the crankcase breather pipe, the upper port connects to a small forward-facing tube on the back of the air filter, the rearward port connects to a hard line rising from the left frame rail (coming from the fuel tank).  Since you are running the stock air filter set-up, there is no gain by not connecting these ports.  If you leave them open you are adding some small amount of vapors to the atmosphere.

#57 on the catalog diagram: http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/Datsun-Z-Index/Engine-240Z-260Z/Emission-Control-Device

@siteunseen your car may not have one now but it did at one time - it was stock thru '73.

Flow Guide 01.jpg

Flow Guide 02.jpg

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Great car!!!  Your #4 pic is the Flow Guide Valve, it routes crankcase and fuel tank vapors into the air filter box for combustion.  Two ports face the engine, one port faces rear.  The lower of the two ports connects to the crankcase breather pipe, the upper port connects to a small forward-facing tube on the back of the air filter, the rearward port connects to a hard line rising from the left frame rail (coming from the fuel tank).  Since you are running the stock air filter set-up, there is no gain by not connecting these ports.  If you leave them open you are adding some small amount of vapors to the atmosphere.

#57 on the catalog diagram: http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/Datsun-Z-Index/Engine-240Z-260Z/Emission-Control-Device

@siteunseen your car may not have one now but it did at one time - it was stock thru '73.

Flow Guide 01.jpg

Flow Guide 02.jpg

I do have that!  You are correct Sir.