IGNORED

Vintage Led Headlights

S30Driver

17 hours ago, S30Driver said:

That being said & with Dave Irwin no longer an option to supply the 240 kit (easy to adapt to the 280 style round connectors) I decided to build my own high quality negative switched harness.

Even though Dave no longer supplies the headlight wiring harness kit it is still available from MSA.

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic10l/12-4651

MSA's sales department is very much more easier than the website. They're nice as can be and always give me a better price than online. Plus the 10% discount we get is always deducted. 

To me their website is more like an old fashioned paper catalog, you find what you need and give them a call to order. I like that. My $.02

Edited by siteunseen

• 4 months later...

To overcome that problem, the relay controlled harness I built converts to a positive switched headlight system for the led headlights.   The new harness runs all the way from the relays to the headlight buckets to get around the impossible to find round connectors that the 280 has.  Looking into 3D printing those connectors this year and building some harnesses to make them plug & play for the 280, see if there is a market for them.  The 240 headlight connectors a not a problem to source for the earlier cars.

The Vintage led headlights are one of the best upgrades I have done on the car,  look close to oem,  highly recommended....   (working great on those dark drives at this time of year back from Zups house)

They also make a classic version now that is more rounded to more closely mimic the look of the original sealed beams.