IGNORED

Opinions on Z

Robert9790

15 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Here's something to read when you have a minute. It's our worst "dream" car. 

Dang, ok i'm working on a small list of areas that gather rust. That's literally my worst nightmare lol! I dont want to impulse buy something that looks great from the outside but then is a deathtrap on the inside.

15 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Don't disregard automatic Zs. Looking at Zs over the years I've found the automatic Zs are usually still in better shape, a better chance that they were garaged sometime in their life, usually were driven less spiritedly and don't cost quite as much. It's really easy to convert an automatic to a manual in Zs and the used parts aren't very expensive yet, especially if you go with a four speed. Carbed Zs ended with the 1974 260Z. Anything after that was injected.

Interesting, a few posts that i had read talked about the conversion being expensive. Maybe gettnig an automatic would entice me to get a different nissan engine down the road. 
Thanks for the idea!

1 hour ago, rcb280z said:

.....and I can, if available, help you inspect potential Z car purchases. I'm not too far away from you. I'm not an "expert" but 2 sets of eyes are always better than one.

That would be great, I'll make sure you let you know if i find some in that area. Much appreciated!

On 9/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, Robert9790 said:

Hey guys,

New to the forum and searching to find my first Z project car. Trying to keep budget to around ~10k if possible, with a bit of wiggle room. 

Ran across: https://www.vintagecarcollector.com/vehicles/996/1975-datsun-280z but im not sure if its a good deal or not. Would love some insight as to what you guys look for in a Z before purchase.

Many thanks!

A what looks to be very nice 240z was posted 4 hours away from you, if you're trying to make a weekend trip https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/57761767

3 minutes ago, Datonedatsun said:

A what looks to be very nice 240z was posted 4 hours away from you, if you're trying to make a weekend trip https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/57761767

Just sent them a message, asked for a few more pictures and to see if it has any notable rust spots.

Thanks!

Edited by Robert9790

When I get scammed through an auction or internet retailer, if they don't back up what they sell, I contact my credit card company.  They will back me up.  At one time, I was restoring an old Jeep truck.  I bought 4 refinished wheels but they didn't match. They had variations in the color and the casting.  They said I bought 4 wheels.  Not a set of wheels so they refused to take them back. My credit card company went to bat for me.

My paypal account is tied to my credit card only and not my checking for that reason.  If someone purchased a car using Paypal in similar condition as old yeller above and the ad was as deceptive, I wonder if a person would be successful by contacting their credit card company and withholding payment?

• Like 1