IGNORED

Solid Series I 240Z on Craigslist

lonetreesteve

I went to see this car a couple weeks ago.  Really nice guy.  Decent condition, motor was rebuilt in the last few years.  You'll have to replace both floor pans.  A body shop did it for him and they just used smaller patches.   The car was resprayed a brighter shade of orange (take a look at the headlight buckets and the rear sill for the original to compare against).  Wiring was a little messy under the dash.   Solid driver (he drove it from San Diego to Pasadena to meet me).  Overall it was a bit too much for me (looking for my first Z) and I wanted something more complete (see my intro post) 

4 hours ago, Diseazd said:

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

3 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

It has a half cap.

3 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Add $2,500.00

At first, I thought Diseazd was making a joke that the half cap added $2,500 to the value of the car.  After thinking about it some more,  he may have meant that it would have added an extra cost of $2,500.00 to have the dash restored by a company such as Just Dashes.  Either way, Diseazd's statement is either really funny or it's very informative!    

Edited by lonetreesteve

6 hours ago, Diseazd said:

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

I too thought the same a few months back when I first noticed it. I live in Imperial Beach, about a 15 minute drive away from the seller. I reached out to the seller twice and never received a response.

I tried to figure out the VIN, which isn't clear and has at least one obvious error in it.

If it's HLS30-113XX then it's not a 1970 M.Y. as claimed. Anyone have any ideas what the VIN is from the seller's less than clear info in the ad?

If it's a San Diego car and only has patches in the floors and no big problems this could be a really good buy for someone who wants an early Z car to drive. The floors could always be replaced later if the owner wants. Well done patches in otherwise solid original floors would be preferable to me.

1 hour ago, M3333hp said:

I tried to figure out the VIN, which isn't clear and has at least one obvious error in it.

If it's HLS30-113XX then it's not a 1970 M.Y. as claimed. Anyone have any ideas what the VIN is from the seller's less than clear info in the ad?

If it's a San Diego car and only has patches in the floors and no big problems this could be a really good buy for someone who wants an early Z car to drive. The floors could always be replaced later if the owner wants. Well done patches in otherwise solid original floors would be preferable to me.

The seller mentions in the listing that the car is a 1970.5  Series One 240Z, so it's probably an early '71 model year car. The seller also mentions that it has its original matching-numbers engine - a big plus, especially since it's been rebuilt.  As Diseazd mentioned earlier, this car won't last long and would be an easy restoration (even with the half dash cap!)

Edited by lonetreesteve