Jump to content

lonetreesteve

Solid Series I 240Z on Craigslist

Recommended Posts

I went to see this car a couple weeks ago.  Really nice guy.  Decent condition, motor was rebuilt in the last few years.  You'll have to replace both floor pans.  A body shop did it for him and they just used smaller patches.   The car was resprayed a brighter shade of orange (take a look at the headlight buckets and the rear sill for the original to compare against).  Wiring was a little messy under the dash.   Solid driver (he drove it from San Diego to Pasadena to meet me).  Overall it was a bit too much for me (looking for my first Z) and I wanted something more complete (see my intro post) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

It has a half cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Diseazd said:

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

 

3 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

It has a half cap.

 

3 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Add $2,500.00

At first, I thought Diseazd was making a joke that the half cap added $2,500 to the value of the car.  After thinking about it some more,  he may have meant that it would have added an extra cost of $2,500.00 to have the dash restored by a company such as Just Dashes.  Either way, Diseazd's statement is either really funny or it's very informative!    

Edited by lonetreesteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diseazd said:

That one won’t last long......looks like an easy Resto.....nice dash too if it’s not a cap.

I too thought the same a few months back when I first noticed it. I live in Imperial Beach, about a 15 minute drive away from the seller. I reached out to the seller twice and never received a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to figure out the VIN, which isn't clear and has at least one obvious error in it.

If it's HLS30-113XX then it's not a 1970 M.Y. as claimed. Anyone have any ideas what the VIN is from the seller's less than clear info in the ad?

If it's a San Diego car and only has patches in the floors and no big problems this could be a really good buy for someone who wants an early Z car to drive. The floors could always be replaced later if the owner wants. Well done patches in otherwise solid original floors would be preferable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M3333hp said:

I tried to figure out the VIN, which isn't clear and has at least one obvious error in it.

If it's HLS30-113XX then it's not a 1970 M.Y. as claimed. Anyone have any ideas what the VIN is from the seller's less than clear info in the ad?

If it's a San Diego car and only has patches in the floors and no big problems this could be a really good buy for someone who wants an early Z car to drive. The floors could always be replaced later if the owner wants. Well done patches in otherwise solid original floors would be preferable to me.

The seller mentions in the listing that the car is a 1970.5  Series One 240Z, so it's probably an early '71 model year car. The seller also mentions that it has its original matching-numbers engine - a big plus, especially since it's been rebuilt.  As Diseazd mentioned earlier, this car won't last long and would be an easy restoration (even with the half dash cap!)

 

Edited by lonetreesteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing has been posted for months. I can send some photos that I still have if someone is actually interested in it.  $15k can buy it if you guys really think its that much of a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Looks like the first thing he did was strip the orange paint off the wheels👍

Ha Ha! Yes it does!

18d3sbgpz6pu3jpg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side mouldings are gone, too (a good thing). That suggests it's been re-painted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

 

 

At first, I thought Diseazd was making a joke that the half cap added $2,500 to the value of the car.  After thinking about it some more,  he may have meant that it would have added an extra cost of $2,500.00 to have the dash restored by a company such as Just Dashes.  Either way, Diseazd's statement is either really funny or it's very informative!    

Steve.....Hahaha.....I meant it would add $2,500.00 to the restoration cost......still a good deal in my opinion.....looks to be fairly rust free and early cars with the 240Z and vented hatch door bring premiums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Steve.....Hahaha.....I meant it would add $2,500.00 to the restoration cost......still a good deal in my opinion.....looks to be fairly rust free and early cars with the 240Z and vented hatch door bring premiums.

I agree. I'm surprised the car has lasted this long. People in California are spoiled when it comes to 240Zs compared to the rest of the world. There are more 240Zs there than anywhere else, and to top it off, most of them are fairly rust-free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, research monkey said:

Alright fess up!  Who bought this and is trying to flip it on FB for $28k!?

Post a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Link is broken or page removed...

I believe you can only see group postings if you're part of the group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

To quote an old man "Facebook is for pussies."

Its so much more than the social stuff now.  The group functionality and the marketplace have to be taking market share from Craigslist / Web Forums etc.   I now double post for sale items on both FB and Craigslist and I'm finding that FB sells faster overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.