IGNORED

Nissan vs Aftermarket Replacement Front Fenders

87mj

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a Nissan replacement S30 front fender verses an aftermarket front fender?  With the exception of the tabco replacement rockers & wheel arches,  etc, front aftermarket fenders always seemed to be black at least from the pictures.  And the Nissans were grey.  Other than that, I wouldn't know how to tell the difference.

I realize it has been awhile since they made them. Any way to tell? 

Thanks

Well just to make it more difficult, I bought two new front fenders from Nissan back in 2012 and both were black and both were re pops.  Well done re pops but still not pressed out with the Nissan molds.  I wish I had taken more detailed pics but parts were still plentiful back then and not expensive.

DSCN0456.jpg

Last year one of the guys at our local zed club mentioned that the aftermarket fenders had a narrower lip around the wheel opening when compared to original. I replaced my fenders in 1982 with oem from my local Datsun dealer and they were grey.

If anyone would like to compare the lip on mine measures 11mm at the front of the wheel opening, 11.6mm at top centre and 13mm at the rear of the opening. 

OK i had to check this because I have a original fender on the drivers side and a new fender from  Nissan that I bought around 2011on the passengers side. 
Drivers side (original)     11.8 at front, 11.0 at top and 13.8 at rear.
Passengers side(2011)   9.3 at front,    9.4 at top and 12.4 at rear.
So it looks like he is correct. 

• Like 1