IGNORED

craigslist finds

Patcon

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

I figured it was his house. I didn't want to throw stones because my yard has similarities ☺️

Thats why I don't want another project

I was going to say, my neighbors backyard. LOL

Very common in my county. It's mostly agricultural or rural disticts? very few property rules.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I was going to say, my neighbors backyard. LOL

Very common in my county. It's mostly agricultural or rural disticts? very few property rules.

and I like it that way...:ph34r:

• Like 2

Facebook (and Facebook Classified) is like the great Internet Wall of China.... why do people drink the kool-aid and go into that cage?

What do you mean? I hate FB and only look at the classifieds because it’s a good places to find stuff locally, like CL. Otherwise it’s a mind-suck. The skinny jean millennials with safe spaces are asserting their position in the world. They love FB and anything social media, we can’t win. The cat is out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Facebook (and Facebook Classified) is like the great Internet Wall of China.... why do people drink the kool-aid and go into that cage?

I don't go on Facebook but Shelley does, and she has been really successful at finding parts for sale for me. Many of which don't show up any where else. I find their marketplace hard to search and with poor results. The few times I tried a few searches, I quit in frustration. I do agree though it appears the trend is towards more use of Facebook for selling parts and cars.

It is de-evolution.  The internet was a great open book with simple tools for creating content and finding content.  After migration from the military, it was widely used by schools and their computing science students who developed sites for openly sharing their subjects of enthusiasm.  Since then marketing and business people have been muscling in on the openness and poisoning the sites with aggressive advertising. As the tools for using the internet became easier to use, non-tech people (including grandparents and kardashian followers) started using the Internet en masse and far surpassing the techy pioneers .  This influx of non-techy people also opened a whole new target for criminals .   Companies like  Facebook  went a step further by developing ez-pz tools that a monkey could use and gaining favour with the non-technical masses who flocked to the closed site. Now Facebook is copying tools such as classifieds (like Craigslist) and such for it's internal closed network of minions who don't know better. They effectively are making their own little private internet and destroying the benefits of the internet. It is exactly the same as what China did. 

The problem for us, and the sellers, is that we have no visibility of Z parts for sale in Facebook classifieds. The openness is gone. It is privatization along with divide and conquer.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

I was telling a guy the other day, I’d be happy to return to the days of no cell phones or internet. Life was better and we teated each other with more respect then. The internet has also become a place for cowards to troll around. It takes all my energy as a parent to keep my kids off these machines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1