IGNORED

1970 Franklin Mint 240Z up for Auction on BaT

Jason240z, why so bitter?  Worst thing about these forums is jealousy filled participants that don't offer anything productive but rather spend their time taking meaningless shots for no obvious or productive reason 

Edited by Soggyfishtaco
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Soggyfishtaco said:

Jason240z, why so bitter?  Worst thing about these forums is jealousy filled participants that don't offer anything productive but rather spend their time taking meaningless shots for no obvious or productive reason 

Welcome to the forum soggyfish.

There's no jealousy here, at all.  That car has been on every facebook group in the whole galaxy over 10000000 times.  Maybe I just dont' really appreciate dealers/flippers/speculators clogging up everything for their own interests.

Its a nice car.

Glad you joined here to contribute your opinions, all opinions are welcome.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Does anyone see any flaws in the car?

There are a few, but also a few items in which I am thinking that my stuff isn't correct and this one is.   It's kind of like a 'Where is Waldo' game to me, where you try and find the items that are not correct.  

The one item that has me intrigued is the antenna stack.  There is a missing black collar that would be in the middle of the antenna stack and it does not seem to affect the assembly.  It intrigues me because I have good top and bottom pieces for the '73 antenna, but all my middle sections are severely oxidized.  Maybe I don't need it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggyfishtaco said:

Are you talking about this forum?

If so, you might want to reserve your opinion until you are a little better acquainted with it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

The VIN number is not super low but it has a lot of pedigree and documentation to counter that.

Does anyone see any flaws in the car?

Its a nice car, you can't say anything 'bad' about it.  However its not been restored to total factory 'spec/standards'.  Nice car though.

• Like 2

I sort of see it as the "Where is Waldo" game too. Although a number of you guys are better at it than me. My memory for the details just isn't good enough any more to critique a car at this level. I can get the big stuff but the little details, not so much