IGNORED

78' 280z running rich

Pochie45566

The green injectors are the correct ones, assuming they are in good working order, maybe a bad assumption. The power balance test should at least let you know if they are all about the same.

You should also check you ign timing with a timing light to make sure the advance is correct. Check the distributer for proper vacuum operation as well.

8 minutes ago, Pochie45566 said:

What is TVS? I have checked the TPS. I checked every component check in the EFI bible related to running rich. They all appear fine. 

I get 11-15 MPG and am running NGK r plugs 

TVS is the correct name for the "TPS".  Throttle valve switch.

No offense, but people often say that they tested something and it's correct, then we find out later that they didn't really know what "correct" was, or they only tested half of the system.  The TVS has idle, full enrichment, and neither of those.  Always best to give more details, way more if you can, than you think are necessary.  If what you say is correct matches what we think is correct then everyone can move on.  Otherwise, who knows, it's just an indirect argument about what correct means.

If everything was correct there would be no problem.

"Full enrichment" is 27% more fuel.

image.png

33 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

TVS is the correct name for the "TPS".  Throttle valve switch.

No offense, but people often say that they tested something and it's correct, then we find out later that they didn't really know what "correct" was, or they only tested half of the system.  The TVS has idle, full enrichment, and neither of those.  Always best to give more details, way more if you can, than you think are necessary.  If what you say is correct matches what we think is correct then everyone can move on.  Otherwise, who knows, it's just an indirect argument about what correct means.

If everything was correct there would be no problem.

"Full enrichment" is 27% more fuel.

image.png

I followed every component check in the efi manual and used their charts to determine if the component was functional or not. Heres a screenshot of the test i used to check idle functionality of the TVS

i have no backfiring, misfire, or hesitation that is common with late timing. but I will grab a light and check it. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 2.15.38 PM.png

Edited by Pochie45566

Here's the other one.  If the ECU sees "full throttle" it will add 27% extra fuel over the base pulse.  So, if 3 is shorted to 18, either in the ECU or at the TVS, you'll get a lot of extra fuel. 

Just realized that this might be the root cause of "bad" ECUs'.  Might be worth tracing that circuit in the ECU, or the ECU plug and it's interface, if the TVS is not shorted.

image.png

image.png