IGNORED

fuel sending unit (which way is up?)

Jeff Berk

On 3/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, Jeff Berk said:

Looking at this picture:

https://zcardepot.com/collections/fuel-sending-units/products/fuel-tank-sending-unit-oem-240z-260z-70-74

Is this sending unit right side up?

I took mine out when I removed the tank for cleaning/coating and cannot remember which way the unit goes. 

I need to learn to take more pictures when I take things apart. 

Jeff

Jeff, I am having the same issue you had back in this thread.  What was the correction orientation of the sender.  My tabs on the tank are bent so it’s not keyed as someone mentioned.

10 hours ago, adivin said:

Jeff, I am having the same issue you had back in this thread.  What was the correction orientation of the sender.  My tabs on the tank are bent so it’s not keyed as someone mentioned.

As you face the tank opening for the fuel sending unit, the notch goes on the left RIGHT (Dang it, Steve!). You will see the insulated terminal higher than the uninsulated terminal on the sending unit.

image.png

image.png

Edited by SteveJ
Can't tell my left from right.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

As you face the tank opening for the fuel sending unit, the notch goes on the left. You will see the insulated terminal higher than the uninsulated terminal on the sending unit.

image.png

image.png

Wait, looking at your picture and the drawing, the notch is on the right as you face the sender.  What am I missing?

5 minutes ago, adivin said:

Wait, looking at your picture and the drawing, the notch is on the right as you face the sender.  What am I missing?

I didn't hold my hands out, so I got my left and right mixed up. Your observation is correct. It should be on the right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1