IGNORED

So long Eastwood.com...

wheee!

No, the company isn’t going anywhere! I am. After being a faithful customer for years, I was very disappointed to see them institute a new “International Shipping Policy”.

Now any of my orders have to ship by Fedex or UPS and come with a minimum cost of around $40 US for an average size small order (think 3lbs of powder coat powder). An order that costs about $40 US is hit with another $40 US shipping fee PLUS a document fee and import taxes etc.

Most of my small orders prior to this were exempt the import taxes and document fees as they shipped through USPS.

So, goodbye Eastwood.com. You have finally made it easier for you, and impossible for me, to justify buying anything from you in the future.

Too late. I placed my order with Emerald yesterday and they say I should have it via UPS Canada by Friday.... for $20 shipping. Same order as I would have placed at Eastwood for $145 Cdn cost me $82 Cdn.

The prices for powder are actually less in Canada too. I will miss some of my favourites from Eastwood, as their products are great, but there is no way I can justify the exorbitant shipping and handling fees for something that should cost next to nothing to ship...

6 hours ago, zKars said:

So like magic, I get an email from eastwood just now announcing "Free shipping to Canada" for orders over $99

Clearly they felt they had to do something given the policy change.

Woohoo!

time out:  does not show this on their website ....

Edited by ConVerTT
Add

You guys should just call them directly and tell them that their new policy doesn't work for you.  Often these decisions are made by people who don't understand the consequences.  And, somehow, these days, we've all been (re)trained to do everything by computer.  

I actually just called the local post office by phone and talked to a real person, about my new delivery guy delivering the wrong mail to my address.  It was weird.  He said that he would talk to the new guy and get it straightened out.  It was like a time warp, talking to a person and solving a problem.

Just saying...the old ways still work sometimes.

https://www.eastwood.com/paints.html

image.png

• Like 3