IGNORED

Horn relay

7tooZ

Decided to get my horn to work. I have a set of new Hella horns and have found the three green wires.

Can someone verify this is the correct relay?

Which wires go to which terminals?

Green

Green/red

Green/ bulk

IMG_9076.thumb.JPG.771196164c3b0ee15a18678dd1897dce.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG

1 hour ago, 7tooZ said:

Decided to get my horn to work. I have a set of new Hella horns and have found the three green wires.

Can someone verify this is the correct relay?

Which wires go to which terminals?

Green

Green/red

Green/ black

Darn spellcheck....  Was your relay missing Don?

Looks to be the same relay for all 240 "s and looks the same as this lesser example, off a 73.

Green to the horn on "H" 

Green / Red to power at fuse box on 'B"

Green /Black to horn switch on "S"

IMG_2125.JPG

Edited by Terrapin Z
Picture was a link for some reason, added photo

Wayne, Saridout produced a color 1976 diagram quite a while ago.  Is it different than the black and white one you just uploaded?

We seem to have some confusing redundancy in diagrams and FSM's.  For example, some of the 77 FSM's appear to actually be 1976 FSM's.  That's why there's a "take II".

image.png

3 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Wayne, Saridout produced a color 1976 diagram quite a while ago.  Is it different than the black and white one you just uploaded?

We seem to have some confusing redundancy in diagrams and FSM's.  For example, some of the 77 FSM's appear to actually be 1976 FSM's.  That's why there's a "take II"

@Zed Head THIS post, was for @7tooZ dilemma on his '71 270.

I cannot comment on @saridout 's diagram as I have not studied it nor do I have a 1976 to compare it to. That said, although I did not scan the cover to PROVE it was a 1976 diagram, I assure you and others that it was from a 1976 FSM.

As shown in the other active thread, @SteveJ posted a diagram from Xemon's site, to be from a 1977. It is, in fact, NOT. I'm not blaming SteveJ, nor am I pointing fingers at Xenon.... i do understand that, with an overload of information, files may have been saved in folders/files due to whatever factors were involved. This is just a small part of MISINFORMATION..... I mean, the internet doesn't lie, right?

I apologize for not answering your question directly, now, back to 7tooZ's thread....

I realize you spent some money for that diagram, but have you checked the download section lately? [mention=25317]EuroDat[/mention] produced some very nice color diagrams for the 240's and may help.

I’ve had this a long time and when I am in the garage it is the most convenient.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Darn spellcheck....  Was your relay missing Don?
Looks to be the same relay for all 240 "s and looks the same as this lesser example, off a 73.
Green to the horn on "H" 
Green / Red to power at fuse box on 'B"
Green /Black to horn switch on "S"

IMG_2125.JPG.0a5ba8f0d5aea960691d0337a114b680.JPG

Perfect it worked first time except my horn button was grounding so had to fix that too. All is good.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

I couldn't post on your post about downloading the diagram.  So I picked this one.

I doubt that 7tooZ will be bothered.  There's another diagram in the BE chapter that supports what TerrapinZ shows.  Kind of weird that they don't just run all of the power through the horn button.

image.png

image.png

We seem to have some confusing redundancy in diagrams and FSM's.  For example, some of the 77 FSM's appear to actually be 1976 FSM's.  That's why there's a "take II".

image.thumb.png.b3c9d241be1101d2b7947e8d9902bc27.png

What??????

Hey TerapinZ had right. The question was: is it the right relay? It was.
And which wires to which terminal? He had it right again.
Thanks for the help. job done

16 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

Perfect it worked first time except my horn button was grounding so had to fix that too. All is good.

Good news, the button is easy as well. 

I saw you had the schematic but it does not explain the relay letters, I interpret them as B= battery , H = horn and S = switch. In the FSM I have the S and H look switched in position but the flow is still the same. 

IMG_2126.JPG

So simple if you know the language. Guess I was thinking Japanese. Thanks again
Where did you find this I looked for it in my hard copy manual.