Patcon

Parts car in Van Nuys

13 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Estimated retail value $12,018   What?

These numbers are based on an unwrecked car. They can vary wildly on old cars where overall condition throws the numbers around significantly

14 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Interesting to see rear end collision damage contained.

Sort of makes this shape:

image.png

image.png

But not nearly as elegant.

The roof buckled too. But there would be a gold mine in little parts to strip off this car. I saw a set of window trim corners for $100 the other day. Not the long pieces just the corners! The little clips on the finishers, door locks, rear glass, badges, door sill finishers, choke cables. The SU's alone are worth $300-400. The dash looks really good if it's not a cap. Too far for me to consider, but I hate to see it go to scrap

Cool, an early '72 model with an 11/71 build date with lots of good parts.  The early '72 models have the non-retractable seat belts, blank plastic plug in the fuse box cover where the safety belt light goes starting in 1/72 and the vertical defroster lines in the rear hatch glass - tough to find nowadays.  I'm surprised that the rear hatch glass did not break! 

d1ef974b-06c2-486f-95de-e1da8b17fca7.JPG

d43a5d4b-b3a8-49d9-9f16-fb0ead1f43ae.JPG

Edited by lonetreesteve

I was surprised the hatch glass was still intact too!

Somebody needs to pick this one up.

• Like 1

Almost a hundred members showing in the area. Surely someone could salvage some of this

@hiyabrad not an early car but you might know somebody who could save the pieces. Maybe a local Z mechanic who could salvage stuff

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Almost a hundred members showing in the area. Surely someone could salvage some of this

@hiyabrad not an early car but you might know somebody who could save the pieces. Maybe a local Z mechanic who could salvage stuff

Thanks. I am working on it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hiyabrad said:

Thanks. I am working on it

Excellent!

9 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

For me the link to the Members Map is right at the top of the page, I'm running Firefox.

I am too. Which page? The forum page or the home page...?

Can you show me in a screen shot?

I don't think I have it. It's possible with my diminishing eyesight I am missing it but it's more likely one of my add-ons is blocking it

8 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I am too. Which page? The forum page or the home page...?

I usually go straight to the Unread Content, the Members Map doesn't show on the page but as soon as I jump to any thread the Members Map link is at the top of the page.

8 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Can you show me in a screen shot?

Uhhh.... yeah let me work on that... what button is that again, hmm, let me ask my wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@grannyknot
On your keyboard, there might be a print screen button up above backspace. Once you hit it, you can just paste it in paint. But it's been overlooked on newer keyboards so you may not have it.
An easier way, if you have windows 10, is to use the Sniping Tool, a program that comes with w10.
If you have a mac I have no idea

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

image.png

Fascinating, this is what I have.

@Mike

Any ideas why mine is different?

Windows 7 running Firefox