IGNORED

240z - fabbing new front rails

ConVerTT

• 4 weeks later...

On 12/10/2023 at 12:58 PM, ConVerTT said:

So this project is leaning in the restomod direction now.  I sold the l28, kept my rb25det, and bought a "spare" rb25de that just happened to show up here locally....still deciding on naturally aspirated or turbocharged....

Here is the new scope...blue mean "acquired', red means "pending/TBD"....

The current plan is to make sure everything fits before sending her to paint (hopefully some time this summer)...

BEC66ECD-3DA1-44BE-A63C-177A328E7805.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegBrandon just fired up his new RB 26 normally aspirated. These are the numbers you’re looking at. The Datsun Spirit stroker does equally as well or better……much cheaper and more available parts. Just my humble opinion. Great work and I love the NSX! 

IMG_0071.jpegIMG_0069.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, ConVerTT said:

Safari Gold...mmmmm....

yeah I figured  NA RB would be in that range ... 

You have great taste in cars 😉 

Yeah I’m a Sicko….Just like all the Sickoes on this site 😂 

Your work is incredible….you must love puzzles too since it’s so much easier to buy a fairly rust free Z still these days. I would love to be closer to learn your techniques and borrow your tools. 😂 So much fun to watch your progress…..glad you are letting us tag along for the journey! I’m sure @Patcon would love to be closer too…..you guys have all the patience I’m lacking. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Good Luck

Guy

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Yeah I’m a Sicko….Just like all the Sickoes on this site 😂 

Your work is incredible….you must love puzzles too since it’s so much easier to buy a fairly rust free Z still these days. I would love to be closer to learn your techniques and borrow your tools. 😂 So much fun to watch your progress…..glad you are letting us tag along for the journey! I’m sure @Patcon would love to be closer too…..you guys have all the patience I’m lacking. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Good Luck

Guy

Thanks for your kind words 🙏.

I certainly do love a good puzzle...and there's no such thing as a rust free 240z 😉. ( but yeah ... maybe could have started with a better car 🤦‍♂️).  (pS ... but with the kfvintage parts you don't really need much more than the trans tunnel these days LOL)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1