IGNORED

WTB SHEET METAL PANELS 240Z

hmw91

14 minutes ago, hmw91 said:

as title states looking for rear 1/4 panels, front rails and inner and outer rocker panels. for a 72 240z

would like to find NOS factory parts.

thanks

Good luck with that. I hope your wallet is prepared. Your best bet would be to find donor panels from the Southwest. There are some of those available

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hmw91 said:

I'm sure there are some out there somewhere

Yes, they probably are, but most of the people that have them are holding them for a special project. Some of us hoard stuff like this. :blush: Very few of them will be willing to sell them. You might find a pair but if you do they will be exceptionally expensive. You could buy a whole rear clip for less, maybe half of what a NOS panels cost

• Like 3

I would expect NOS quarters to sell for $1200 - $1500 each. Reproduction panels for $400-$1000 depending on model and condition.
A used rear clip from a good donor, $600....
...just my two cents from what I have learned over the last few years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I would expect NOS quarters to sell for $1200 - $1500 each. Reproduction panels for $400-$1000 depending on model and condition.
A used rear clip from a good donor, $600....
...just my two cents from what I have learned over the last few years.

I would think NOS quarters are worth North of $2000 each side and I could get a good rear clip for probably $1500, which gives you both sides. It seems sort of silly to try to get NOS unless you have the special car that needs them (ie #10, 12, 26 etc) since the rest of the car has 50 years of wear and tear and surface rust. A good clean rear clip would accomplish the same thing and reserve very special parts for very special cars.

Now if you're doing a very special car, speak up, somebody might be willing to part with them if your project is more special than theirs.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wheee! said:

NOS don’t necessarily make the car “better”, but maybe more original. $1500 would be my breaking point on a quarter panel even on a “special” car...

I guess my hope for an NOS would be good fit to the chassis and very little filler. After that I don't know that anyone other than a really skilled body man could tell whether a panel was NOS or off a donor.

As for cost, if I am building a $70k+ pristine low number car and a NOS quarter is what I need, then I pay-to-play. I could see paying 3K if it's something I really need. Like I said I can't see paying that over a good SouthWest donor. Of course I don't own any of the really special cars.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...